LOGIN

With Barmes headed to the 15-day DL, the Rockies decided it was time to recall Ian Stewart. Mentioned two weeks ago that it was only a matter of time before Ian Stewart got the recall from the Rockies. So what’s to be expected? He can hit home runs in bushels. Through 44 games in Triple-A this year, he has 12 home runs and 43 RBIs with a .381 OBP.  Who do you drop for him? I’d drop any middle reliever that isn’t probably going to get saves in the next two weeks (I know it’s hard to know because closers are so flaky). I dropped Devine, Corey Patterson and Nunez in three different leagues. That should give you an idea of who’s droppable. The word is, once Barmes returns, Stewart will get sent right back down. I believe that. I think Stewart’s only here for two weeks, unless… Wait for it… Here it comes… He hits home runs immediately and often. Something he is capable of. Will he do it? Hold on while I pull out my Corky Thatcher-shaped, crystal skull. Hmm… Outlook: Foggy. I guess you never know, that’s why you pick up these rookie schmohawks. Every once in a while you get immediate gratification, other times you get blue balls.