LOGIN

The week leading up to the All Star break is always fun times for me — it’s when I can take my paid vacation to beautiful Bayonne, NJ.  My all-inclusive cab ride includes a firsthand view of a few muggings, a stop for gas, and a flavored shaved ice from Primo, the traveling shaved ice guy.  In all seriousness, this is a good time to look at your roster and actually commit to it or start pondering the fantasy football drafts.  So happy 4th of July to all and I hope the fantasy gods bless you with bountiful stashes of herbs and RBI’s.  (Please note that pitchers and match-ups may change)

Everett Teaford (@Tor vs Romero, @Det vs Fister) Sounds like a guy I would want selling Butterscotch Krimpets, not throwing two games in one week.  I have seriously reconsidered how much I like those Krimpets now that I have written about them.

Joe Kelly (Col vs Francis, Mia vs Sanchez) Used to call me Joe Kelly, now they call me Batman.  Funny because that high school was less than a mile from where I grew up.  If you get the reference, you get a gold star.

Marco Estrada (Mia vs Zambrano, @Hou vs Rodriguez) Poncherello with 12 punch outs — what’s better than that? I tell you what — a new spin off starring Adrian Zmed.

Jordan Lyles (@Pit vs McDonald, Mil vs Greinke) I still like him, and his last 3 starts have made me feel a little better. His probable match-ups make me hate that we need letters to make up words.

Clayton Richard (@Ari vs Cahill, Cin vs Bailey) Even at one start I will take the Petco special.   Only 5 ER’s over the last 4 starts makes it like a gel cap — easy-to-swallow-rostering.

Nick Blackburn (@Det vs Fister, @Tex vs Darvish) I know I am supposed to write something positive here, but common sense and my fear of commitment will not allow me to comment further.

Freddy Garcia (@TB vs Moore, @Bos vs Matsuzaka) I have written to the hills about this cat for the last umpteen years. Freddy do what Freddy does.  These highlander expressions are brought to you by Scotts….feed it.

Brett Cecil (KC vs Mendoza, CHW vs Sale) I missed the glasses; I am not going to lie.  The glasses for me are my “rose bud”.  Too bad the ineffective periph numbers are a blight to fantasy.

Homer Bailey (@LAD vs Billingsley, @SD vs Richard) Some say that Homer was blind.  His up-and-down starts make me feel like I am blind by just looking the other way.

Zach McCallister (LAA vs Haren, TB vs Shields) Remember that time that they left him all alone in his house and he thwarted those stupid criminals?  Yea, well think of that with baseball and you have a whole cheese plate of yumminess.