LOGIN

Ah, we can breathe a little easier, interleague play is finally over. I have never really been a fan of it as it relates to fantasy purposes. Too much who is playing where, and the DH rule makes me miss Ron Blomberg. Lots of new, young, fresh faces are getting the call twice this week. Which is nice because how many times can I write about Kevin Millwood or Bruce Chen. That stuff gets old real fast, like a left-out avocado fast. So enjoy the week, hope your fantasy stats are plentiful. (Please note that pitcher’s and match-ups change.)

One Start Options:

6/27

Jarrod Parker @Sea — Millwood

6/28

Alex Cobb vs Det –Scherzer

Dallas Keuchel vs SD — Marquis

Joe Saunders vs Atl — Jurrjens

6/29

Luis Mendoza @ Min — Diamond

6/30

Jake Arrieta vs Cle — Lowe

Two-Start Options:

Chris Archer (@KC vs Hochevar, Det vs Porcello) For fantasy purposes, he is getting code name “Duchess;” if I have to explain that, you and I will need a new handshake. First start was promising, but I was lucky-good once…once.

Nate Eovaldi (Sf vs Zito, NYM vs Santana) I don’t get how this cat is 0-3; he has an ERA in the mid 2’s. I then look at run support in his starts and the sad trombone asks if he is needed.

Justin Grimm (Det vs Porcello, Oak vs Milone) I was going to get all clever and write something about Grimm’s tales, but alas there are 210 different stories. So you can tell me your favorite and I will make a joke about it free of charge. 7 K’s versus Houston last time out is like hitting for a 1500 win on a penny slot.

Travis Wood (NYM vs Santana, Hou vs Lyles) Has ERA under 3 for his last 4 starts. Dude is still only 25 and although the Cubs are sucking on fumes, he could turn out to be at least middle of the road. Where semi-decent pitchers get squished just like grapes.

Joe Blanton (Pit vs Bedard, @Mia vs Buehrle) He is literally Joe Ordinary, or the guy who carries around Oscar on Sesame Street. Never awesome, just does his job, albeit semi-effectively. Front-runner for most written about in this column by me, which is a prize in itself.

Dillon Gee (@CHC vs Wells, @LAD vs Kershaw) Here’s hoping he can spit hot fire. He hasn’t allowed more than 3 ER since mid-May, and according to Aztec calendars, that is still a month.

Tommy Milone (Sea vs Ramirez, @Tex vs Grimm) He sounds like a guy you borrow money from at a 50% vig. Start at home and run for the hills, correction literally sprint like it’s the presidential physical fitness test.

Mike Leake ( Mil vs Gallardo, @SF vs Zito) In a perfect world I would grab Milone for his first start and then Leake for his second. It’s sorta like breaking the seal.

Jordan Lyles (SD vs TBD, @CHC vs Wood) I wanna cheer for this kid, then I see his results. At least he gets a helping of vitamin C for the week. Gets 2 middling offenses which could be the start of something or it could be completely nothing and he falls on his face. Which in actuality would make for great TV.

Josh Tomlin (@NYY vs Kuroda, @Bal vs Arrieta) Remember last year when his WHIP was actually useful? Me too, now throw another log on the fire and let’s reminisce about what could have been for Ron LeFlore.