LOGIN

I’m a pretty harsh critic of Razzball, but occasionally we’ll post things that even I feel are extremely helpful.  Usually these are done by other people for our site.  Yesterday, we brought you the one and only 2012 Fantasy Baseball War Room.  (Honestly, there may be more War Rooms than you can shake a stick at, but who’s intro’ing anything by saying we brought you the “one of a couple zillion War Rooms?”)  Another thing we’re offering is the 2012 fantasy baseball tiers, brought to you by regular commenter and all-around solid F.O.R., VinWins.   This fantasy baseball tier sheet is like the Cliff Notes version of the 2012 fantasy baseball rankings.  The tiers give you where I ranked players and the tier names, which should give you a rough idea of what I’m thinking when you don’t have much time.

If you’re in a tight squeeze in a draft and you don’t have time to look at a dozen different posts or read everything I wrote about a player, you just look at the fantasy baseball tiers and you know quickly know where a guy ranks and a snapshot of what I’m thinking.  For instance, you see Asdrubal Cabrera sitting there in your draft.  You quickly scan the fantasy baseball tiers and see I have him below Rollins and above Jeter.  I also say, “Only four shortstops in and it’s your last chance for a decent one.  Yay.”  So you can quickly infer I’m saying if you don’t get Asdrubal in this tier, you’re no longer on solid ground.  To solidify that, the next tier is called, “Where’s all the freakin’ shortstops?”  So obviously there is risk involved with those guys.  If you fail to get Asdrubal, you can quickly see another tier below is called, “…this is your last chance for exciting.”  So you can quickly surmise, I like those guys too, there’s not much after that and that’s the order.  Anyway, you get the gist.

Also, VinWins went the extra mile and put my top 300 for 2012 fantasy baseball into a spreadsheet.  It warms my cockles when people do things like this for Razzball.  If cockles is what I think it is, warming them means VinWins and I have gotten to 2nd base.  Now you thank VinWins.

Finally, there’s the Fantasy Baseball Team Name Generator.  I got the Butte Sucka MCs, which sounds like a rap group that performs in the Man Hole night club.