LOGIN

Frankly, I don’t want to waste too much space with this topic. I told readers since January to avoid Granderson and as recently as two weeks ago that you can get greater safety and value with Abreu. I’m not claiming to be Nostra-dumbass and saying I saw Grandy about to be beaned by some crap Phillie pitcher (and, besides Hamels and Myers, they’re all crap). Grandy strikeouts out too much; this is well documented on this site and others. But when I say ‘Granderson’s injured, now deal,’ I don’t mean trade him away. I mean emotionally deal. Boo-freakin-woo, you were the one that drafted him in the third round when you should’ve been grabbing Rios or Markakis. What you should not do…

Trade away Granderson. You’ll never get full value for him right now. Will his hand heal properly? Well, he struck out in the boatloads before, I can’t see an injury to his hand helping, but his speed will still be there when he returns. I see no reason why you still can’ get 17/30. Was it what you were expecting? Maybe not, but it should’ve been closer to what you were expecting. If anything, it’s a buyer’s market. See if the Grandy owner in your league will give you him for Marmol and Accardo or some other trade where you’re treating the Grandy owner like some pig-tailed girl. That’s right; now is the time to buy low on Granderson or wait out this setback.