Rate these closers

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
dbull79

Rate these closers

Postby dbull79 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 am

I have 4 closers on my roster and can only start two each week. I would like to drop one for roster space. Who, if anyone, would you drop. Can anyone rate them best to worst ROS?

Casilla, Janssens, Valverde, Frieri

Thanks.
12 Team Head-to-Head, points based league.

Grey

Re: Rate these closers

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 am

I have 4 closers on my roster and can only start two each week. I would like to drop one for roster space. Who, if anyone, would you drop. Can anyone rate them best to worst ROS?

Casilla, Janssens, Valverde, Frieri

Thanks.
http://razzball.com/closer-look-7-12-12/
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

CarlWeathers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CarlWeathers » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 am

There was a "Closer Look" blog post not long ago that you should read for the answer. Its a great blog man, I read it every day - recommend you do too.

BluePulaski

Postby BluePulaski » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:05 am

Janssens is up since then probably too...as Santos is done for the season...the guy is more of a set up guy..but he's one of the main reason's the Jay's are still even remotely in the Wild Card race...

Valverde is probably the worst pitcher out of the bunch...but he job security and somehow gets the job done...he hasn't had great opps for easy saves lately...has blown one save in past month...but Tigers have used him with leads above 3 runs at times...

Frieri blew a save recently...he has great closer stats...I've seen him pitch some games...can get in some trouble..but has the tools to get out of things too

looks like the Giants will be using a closer by committee...to me Casilla is the one to drop...then I'd be watching to see if either Casilla, Romo, Affeldt take the lead...I have my money on Affeldt...but he's the drop...just watch things
10-team mixed keeper league (15 keepers), H2H - 1 Win R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/CG/SHO/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/QS
HITTERS:
Lineup (C/1B/2B/SS/3B/LF/CF/RF/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL)
C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

dbull79

Postby dbull79 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

This is what makes it so tough. Below is the order Grey has them listed, with the points they've scored in my league ove the last 21 days in parens:

Frieri (20)
Valverde (38)

Next Tier:
Janssen (46)
Cassilla (28)
12 Team Head-to-Head, points based league.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm

I'd move Janssen up about five spots since that closer look was before Santos was out for the year...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”