NFBC league...

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
micreyes11

NFBC league...

Postby micreyes11 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:30 am

I'm pretty happy with my team... I was not able to get any top players from the scarce positions, but I ended up with a pretty strong OF and decent P staff, which was not my plan at all... So my question is: I drafted Michael Taylor in the last round. Should I keep him or drop him for either David Freese, Nate Scheirholtz, or Felix Pie (not much left in the FA pool). And if so, should I wait until the waiver period ends... Last season was my first season in this type of league and i was well below the max innings for most of the offensive positions, so I'm trying to get the most out of my bench without killing my average... Also I drafted two MR with high K potential and good ratios, which is kind of counterproductive from having decent bats on my bench, but I would have no problem dropping them in the middle of the season... What do you guys think...

C- Geovany Soto 11. (I somehow ended up with him on all 3 of my teams. Kind of nervous about that)
C- J.R Towles 27.
1B- Mark Teixiera 1.
2B- Howie Kendirck 10.
3B- Gordon Beckham 5.
SS- Alcides Escobar 12.
CI- Carlos Pena 6.
MI- Kelly Johnson 19.
OF- Matt Holliday 2.
OF- Jason Werth 3.
OF- Alex Rios 9.
OF- Juan Pierre 15.
OF- Delmon Young 17.
Ut- Travis Snider 18.
B- Kevin Kouzmanoff 20.
B-Seth Smith 23.
B- Luis Valbuena 25.
B- Michael Taylor 29.
P- Jon Lester 4.
P- Wandy Rodreguez 7.
P- Max Scherzer 14. (I was trying to avoid him in all leagues, but I think everyoe else was too)
P- Phil Hughes 21. (I thought this was really good value. I didn't want to draft this many SPs)
P- Jason Hammel 22.
P- Felipe Paulino 24.
P- David Aardsma 8. (I'm not too thrilled with my closer situation)
P- Frank Francisco 13.
P- Matt Capps 16.
P- Luke Gregorson 28.
P- David Robertson 26.

Grey

Re: NFBC league...

Postby Grey » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm pretty happy with my team... I was not able to get any top players from the scarce positions, but I ended up with a pretty strong OF and decent P staff, which was not my plan at all... So my question is: I drafted Michael Taylor in the last round. Should I keep him or drop him for either David Freese, Nate Scheirholtz, or Felix Pie (not much left in the FA pool). And if so, should I wait until the waiver period ends... Last season was my first season in this type of league and i was well below the max innings for most of the offensive positions, so I'm trying to get the most out of my bench without killing my average... Also I drafted two MR with high K potential and good ratios, which is kind of counterproductive from having decent bats on my bench, but I would have no problem dropping them in the middle of the season... What do you guys think...

C- Geovany Soto 11. (I somehow ended up with him on all 3 of my teams. Kind of nervous about that)
C- J.R Towles 27.
1B- Mark Teixiera 1.
2B- Howie Kendirck 10.
3B- Gordon Beckham 5.
SS- Alcides Escobar 12.
CI- Carlos Pena 6.
MI- Kelly Johnson 19.
OF- Matt Holliday 2.
OF- Jason Werth 3.
OF- Alex Rios 9.
OF- Juan Pierre 15.
OF- Delmon Young 17.
Ut- Travis Snider 18.
B- Kevin Kouzmanoff 20.
B-Seth Smith 23.
B- Luis Valbuena 25.
B- Michael Taylor 29.
P- Jon Lester 4.
P- Wandy Rodreguez 7.
P- Max Scherzer 14. (I was trying to avoid him in all leagues, but I think everyoe else was too)
P- Phil Hughes 21. (I thought this was really good value. I didn't want to draft this many SPs)
P- Jason Hammel 22.
P- Felipe Paulino 24.
P- David Aardsma 8. (I'm not too thrilled with my closer situation)
P- Frank Francisco 13.
P- Matt Capps 16.
P- Luke Gregorson 28.
P- David Robertson 26.
I'd lose Taylor for Freese. That's not bad value for Scherzer, but I think you could've waited another round or two before grabbing him. I like Paulino and Hammel to a certain respect, but your pitching is a bit of a mess. Your hitting looks decent enough, so that's good. Does look a little light on power though, but Pierre will do that to a team.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”