Post ASB prognosis

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
papasmurf

Post ASB prognosis

Postby papasmurf » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 am

How do you guys think this group of hitters will do after the break? It's a 16 team mixed league that counts OBP in addition to the standard 5 hitting categories. Starts 9 spots each day - 8 positions + UTIL.

C- Pierzynski
1B- D Lee
2B- Weeks, K Matsui
3B- Wright
SS- Aviles, Nomar, Barmes (just punted Lugo today as he got hurt)
OF- Beltran, Mclouth, Cust, Werth
DH- Thome

DL- Milledge

So far, I am leading in R by a wide margin. I am in close fights near the top for HR and RBI. I am ok in SB and OBP but the BA is terrible. I am barely in first (could be out after tonight), mostly due to excellent pitching.

Other than Mclouth and Pierzynski, I personally don't see any significant risks for worse 2nd half than 1st and I don't view those 2 as huge risks. SS is a mess. Do you guys see any danger "sell now" guys?

thanks

Grey

Re: Post ASB prognosis

Postby Grey » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:20 am

How do you guys think this group of hitters will do after the break? It's a 16 team mixed league that counts OBP in addition to the standard 5 hitting categories. Starts 9 spots each day - 8 positions + UTIL.

C- Pierzynski
1B- D Lee
2B- Weeks, K Matsui
3B- Wright
SS- Aviles, Nomar, Barmes (just punted Lugo today as he got hurt)
OF- Beltran, Mclouth, Cust, Werth
DH- Thome

DL- Milledge

So far, I am leading in R by a wide margin. I am in close fights near the top for HR and RBI. I am ok in SB and OBP but the BA is terrible. I am barely in first (could be out after tonight), mostly due to excellent pitching.

Other than Mclouth and Pierzynski, I personally don't see any significant risks for worse 2nd half than 1st and I don't view those 2 as huge risks. SS is a mess. Do you guys see any danger "sell now" guys?

thanks
I think your 2B is a mess too. I mean, I like Weeks to be better, but it's a risk. Kaz's is a batting average risk when healthy and the key word is "when." Also I like Thome to come around, which is not to say he definitely will, but either way his average isn't going to be great.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 pm

Yeah I am definitely not thrilled about what I have. I've stayed in first longer than I ever thought possible. The 2nd place team lost Mags, Papi, and Pierre and is still kicking my offense's ass day after day. I can't even fathom how badly I am going to get killed when those guys come back.

Hamilton, Doumit, Hardy, Dunn, Roberts, et al.

I can only hope some of his guys slow down a bit, especially Hamilton. Last year I traded for Hamilton in a multiplayer deal, he lasted 5 five gms and was done for the year. This year he's really handing it to me. I just have to hope the Texas heat gets to him a bit. (No offense to Hamilton owners...)

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm

A little bit of positive posting for a change.

My team now has a 12 pt lead. It was tied only 4 or 5 days ago, but my main rival has hit the skids on offense and lost pts in tight categories (pretty much every category). Ironically the slowdown coincided with Papi's return. This plus some decent luck has meant good things for me.

14 hits today for my team, after 15 hits 2 days ago, with a 4 hitter sandwiched in between. Got 3 saves today, including even one from M Gonzalez, which could gain me 2 more pts!

Gonna enjoy this for a while. It will get tight again. My rival isn't going away and who knows if Lady Luck really has gotten bored with picking on a smurf.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:55 pm

Good to hear, Smurf. Sound slike your luck has really turned around. But just in case, don't start Campillo tomorrow. Thanks!
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:50 am

My lead increased to 19 pts overnight! What a huge swing in less than 1 week!

My rival started off the year slow, then caught fire and passed me eventually, but now he's ice cold again. I need to take advantage and pile on some more.

He's got Doumit, Ortiz, Roberts, Hardy, Cantu, Dunn, Hamilton, Mags + Pierre, C Davis, Encarnacion et al for UTIL. Scary offense on paper for a 16 team league.

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:04 pm

As I said on the blog http://razzball.com/ I don't like Ortiz any more this year. Speaking of which, Smurf, did you know there's a blog attached to this forum? I don't think I've ever seen you over there.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:10 pm

I do read the blog regularly, but I am a silent reader.

papasmurf

Postby papasmurf » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Oh man. I've been paying all my attention to the 2nd place team and forgot about the third place team. Now before I know what hit me, the 3rd place team has made a great run and is now in 2nd, and only 7 pts behind and has more than enough upside to pass me. He still has about 50 more innings left and I do, and can easily pass other teams in saves and K's since most of the bad teams have called it a year.

All those missed homers and RBI are gonna cost me unless my team can have a strong finish and gain some pts in hitting. Damn I wish there was only 2 weeks left in the season. I've already peaked in nearly every pitching category.

peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby peter » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:16 pm

I hear ya. What are you doing at 2B for this team right now? You playing Weeks everyday?

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”