LOGIN

Let’s go over the Danny Espinosa positives first, shall we?  A) In Triple-A, he had  18 homers and 20 steals.  B) At MI, you need another positive after A? C) B was already forced and you want a C? D) Hmm… You need another positive, huh?  Umm… How about D. Espinosa anagrams to Adios ESPN?  Okay, the negative is the 94 Ks in 99 games at Triple-A.  That sounds like a recipe for a .230 average over the course of the season.  I’d preach some caution if this were April, but he’s currently hitting in the major leagues and is worth a flier to see if he can stay hot.  In keepers, I’d grab him for a buck because he’ll have solid position eligibility next year and has good pop and speed.  And, as most of you know who have read this site longer than a second, I don’t mind average killers.  Anyway, here’s some more players to buy or sell this week in fantasy baseball:

BUY

Juan Gutierrez – It’s not playing with fire to get saves from Gutierrez.  Like playing with dynamite.

Koji Uehara – If you need saves, here ya go.  Though I wouldn’t be surprised if Koji gives you indigestion, even if Chef Roy Choi disagrees.

Matt Thornton – Could’ve listed Putz or Sale here, but I think Thornton’s the first guy to get saves in Jenks’ stead, assuming MT can stay healthy and BJ can stay, um, unhealthy.

Clay Hensley – The Marlins are saying Nunez will reclaim the closer job, but he ain’t got it now, does he?  Rhetorical!

Ryan Madson – SAGNOF!

Ryan Perry – Just went over my Ryan Perry fantasy.

Jhoulys Chacin – You really need to put aside your past prejudices about Rockie pitchers.  This is no longer the days of Mike Hampton, who hit better than he pitched.

Jorge de la Rosa – Hasn’t thrown a turd since his second start back from the DL.  And that’s the truth, Ruth!

Cory Luebke – I wouldn’t risk him in an away game unless you really need to gamble, but I’d start him in home games.  You know how I do.

Brian Duensing – Just went over my Duensing fantasy.  It involved silk ribbons and hot wax.  Wait, no it didn’t.  Wait II, did it?

Ivan Nova – Surprising that he’s not owned everywhere since he’s a Yankee.  Guess people realize he could roofie you at any time and render your naughty bits unusable.

Logan Morrison – I’m like a little kid in a candy store with this guy.  That’s right, I have cavities thanks to Morrison.  And his OBP makes me ride around on my mop pony screaming yee-haw!

Ike Davis – Member when he was this crazy hot commodity to own back in April?  Yeah, I don’t either, but it’s nice to remember things differently in retrospect.  Anyhoo!  Davis is hitting well over the last week or so.

David Murphy – I’m admittedly a fan of this schmohawk, but you do need to platoon him in and out depending on whether or not he’s facing a lefty.

Michael Brantley – Had five steals and a .291 average in August.  More of the same so far in September.

Eric Young Jr. – I really don’t want to have to keep telling you to grab the same guys, but his ownership numbers at ESPN have actually gone down in the last week.  He has 15 steals in 35 games.  That’s 140 steals in 162 games, give or take 60-something.

SELL

Justin Morneau – Sounding a lot like he’s not returning until the last week of the season and even then he won’t be 100%, he’ll be gearing up for the playoffs.  I know, sucks.  I don’t know why they can’t send him out there with The Great Gazoo’s helmet either.

Gordon Beckham – He’s nursing from the injury bug teet and he wasn’t really doing much even when he was healthy.  In honor of our fantasy football site, punt!

Andres Torres – That thud you just heard was Torres falling back to earth.

Josh Johnson – I’m 99% sure he’s not pitching again this year.  I’m 100% sure that he’s only going to get another two starts even if he does.  You can find someone to replace him in the last few weeks.

Derek Jeter – Okay, so you drafted Jeter just so you could tell your girlfriend that you drafted him so she would then have sex with you.  You didn’t expect it to blow up in your face so bad though.  The drafting of Jeter, not the other half of the equation.  Captain Jeets or Pasta Diving Jeter or whatever you want to call him is hitting .237 vs. righties.  That’s the new blech.