Need Scoring Settings for New 12-Team H2H Points League

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!

Need Scoring Settings for New 12-Team H2H Points League

Postby RichardRN » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:42 am

Hello all,

I'm a longtime Razzball reader (WNWDOTCOM in the comments area) but a new Forums poster. The reason I signed up to post here is that I need some good Razzball advice. My league has been in existence since 2013 as a 12-team H2H each category league with default ESPN settings. This year, we are changing things up and moving to a 12-team H2H points league.

ESPN's roster/scoring settings are fully customizable but I am in search of the perfect balance. We voted on moving to a POINTS scoring format because we want to embrace the changes geared towards daily fantasy but also want to balance out the value of Starting Pitching. I could tell you more but that's not really what this post is about as the change has been made, now I just need suggestions on fair lineup/scoring advice.

I am looking for a system that will accurately reflect rankings on Razzball (as well as other expert sites) but also keep things fair. Right now, by default, there is an acquisition limit of seven transactions per week (snake waiver system) with no limits on SP, RP or pitchers owned. My concern is someone using all seven acquisitions on pitching and jacking up their points totals.

Those that run 12-team H2H points leagues, what are your settings for rosters, acquisitions and scoring? What works and what doesn't? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need Scoring Settings for New 12-Team H2H Points League

Postby Grey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:03 am

Why are you moving to Points? Tell your leaguemates to just play 5x5... If they wanna mix it up, add OBP... There's a reason why 95% of people play 5x5, it's the best...
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”