Michael Brantley future?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
backbackbackgone20

Michael Brantley future?

Postby backbackbackgone20 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:58 am

Grey and or the rest of you fantasy folks!

What's the perspective your on Brantely's future? Thus far, 2015 has been a tough go for him due to injuries. Is he the kind of player who puts this season behind him and he's worth the "buy low" gamble for keeper leagues, or do you see him as a breakout star in 2014 that fizzles?

Grey

Re: Michael Brantley future?

Postby Grey » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:06 pm

I think he can be okay next year, but he's dealing with injuries this year and I don't think he's 100% healthy
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Eternalfire

Re: Michael Brantley future?

Postby Eternalfire » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Depends on what type of league your talking about. In your typical roto format this guy is straight up pedestrian. In a points league his value goes way up. So far this year he has 32 BB to 22 KO's and 23 doubles. In roto unfortunately this means sweet fuck all. But in points leagues this is a huge difference maker where doubles are normally worth 2 pts and singles are 1 pnt and BB's are rewarded and KO's are penalized. His doubles total extrapolates out to over 50 in a season and last year he hit 45 so we know he has that extra base pop in his bat. Combine that with a very low amount of strikeouts, a moderate amount of walks and a high batting average and hes going to be productive whether hes hitting jacks and stealing bases or not.

So to cut a long story short in head to head leagues this guy is a low end #1 high end #2 outfielder. In roto leagues hes probably not worth a significant investment considering walks, strikeouts and doubles typically count for very little.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”