Buy Carlos Gonzalez?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
theearly90s

Buy Carlos Gonzalez?

Postby theearly90s » Thu May 07, 2015 9:11 am

Is he worth a shot for a trade target? It seems like he is hitting the ball hard and is apparently "healthy" by CarGo standards.
Yahoo 10 team H2H
Batting: H, R, 2B, 3B, HR, AVG, SB, K, BB
Pitching: W, L, SV, K, BB, WHIP, ERA, CG

Grey

Re: Buy Carlos Gonzalez?

Postby Grey » Thu May 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Sure, if you don't pay a huge price
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

BlakeStreetBombers

Postby BlakeStreetBombers » Mon May 11, 2015 1:41 pm

I just looked at this earlier, but his hard hit rate is down to 27% this year where it's been 34% for his career. His ground ball rate is also above career norms at 50% (45% career). It's hard to hit for power if half the balls in play are grounders and you're making weaker contact. Combine that with the fact he hasn't even attempted a steal and I'd stay away unless it was for a discount to draft day value. His average will come up, but I don't see him being the 20/20 option he once was.
10 Team 5x5 Dynasty League using OBP and QS instead of Avg and Wins. We keep 23 + 1 minor leaguer.

C- Travis d'Arnaud
1B - Olson (K)
2B - Javier Baez (K)
3B - Nolan Arenado (K)
SS - Francisco Lindor (K)
MI - Semien (K)
CI - Santana (K)
OF - Blackmon (K)
OF - Merrifield (K)
OF - Choo (K)
OF - Pham (K)
DH - Nelson Cruz (K)

Bench - Joc Pederson, Mallex Smith (K), K. Davis (K), Grisham, Canha

Minor League - Joey Bart (K)

P - Rich Hill (K)
P - Hendricks (K)
P - Keuchel
P - Strasburg (K)
P - Bauer (K)

Bench -Montas (K), Kluber (K), Marquez (K), Chirinos, Samardzija, Civale, Stroman

RP - Yates (K)
RP - Rogers
RP - Diaz (K)

Bench - Robles

SilverPickles

Postby SilverPickles » Wed May 13, 2015 2:49 pm

CarGo or David Ortiz in a vacuum?

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed May 13, 2015 3:01 pm

CarGo
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”