For the people that 100% stream all SPs: My draft

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
B. Inge Drinking

For the people that 100% stream all SPs: My draft

Postby B. Inge Drinking » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 pm

I liked my success last year of not drafting/avoiding SPs and just streaming. Last year was yahoo public leagues this year I'm trying it in a: $50 entry / 12 team / 5x5 / roto / auction draft $260 / 1400 IP cap. This is the team I got:

C: Salvador Perez $8
1B: Albert Pujols $23
2B: Jedd Gyorko $8
3B: Nolan Arenado $2
SS: Jean Segura $26
OF: Mike Trout $60
OF: Carlos Gomez $29
OF: Yaseil Puig $28
UTIL: Corey Hart $1
UTIL: Justin Morneau $1
BN: Justin Profar $4
BN: Brad Miller $2
BN: Cody Asche $1
BN: Kendry Morales $1

SP: Corey Kluber $1
SP: Chris Archer $2
RP: David Robertson $15
RP: Neftali Feliz $10
P: Rafael Soriano $11
P: Jimmy Johnson $14
P: Danny Farquhar $2
P: Jose Veras $8
BN: Yovanni Gallardo $1

If you're drafting auction style in Yahoo the 'avg $' is where players usually go. Unless it's closers, those will go well above the projected average. There are very few deals on anyone. I had to over pay on some bats which degraded my closer quality. I got some cheap quality bats/upside bats/upside pitching that I'll try to pimp out in 2v1 trades to open my slots for streaming.

Grey

Re: For the people that 100% stream all SPs: My draft

Postby Grey » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:26 pm

I don't see the point of the bench bats since you're just gonna drop them for streamers...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

B. Inge Drinking

Postby B. Inge Drinking » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:39 pm

True. I was pigeon-holed into taking people that could have the best trade value. RPs cost more than I was expecting. Cishek and Rex Brothers both sold at $8. I didn't have enough cap room to outbid individuals towards the end. I'm trying to upgrade CarGo Petite, in a trade, that involves him and any of those bench bats.

Wallpaper Paterson

Postby Wallpaper Paterson » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:37 am

Did people make fun of you during the draft for not having good pitchers? I find people do that on draft day. Then they will bitch when you have success and you will be labeled a cheater who cannot play within the spirit of the game.

Last year, a guy in an RCL was laughed at because he went the other way and ignored hitting for the first half of the draft. That guy deserved the abuse. As you might expect, he had a terrible season.

B. Inge Drinking

Postby B. Inge Drinking » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 pm

I didn't get any static during the draft. It's probably due to auction drafts being more interactive in the sense every owner can bid on anyone w/ less downtime compared to snake drafts.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”