Gyorko Minors?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Rayallen77

Gyorko Minors?

Postby Rayallen77 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Does anyone know if Gyorko has been sent to the minors?

Mauddib

Re: Gyorko Minors?

Postby Mauddib » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:05 pm

As of a couple days ago he hadn't and thoughts were he was the front runner for the starting gig. Things could have changed since then though.

goodfold2

Postby goodfold2 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:31 pm

from what i've seen just today he's likely to start at BOTH 3rd and 2nd while Headley is hurt, with Forscythe/Amarista flanking him at both spots. If anything, this is better than before, except us Yahoo'ers will have to wait longer than the first 5 days of the season for the 2nd baseman we thought we drafted. I'd fail to see how in the 4-6 weeks until Headley comes back he'd do bad enough to have either Forscythe/Amarista steal his 2nd base job. I need glasses/contacts but not the kind that cause hallucinations.

Rayallen77

Postby Rayallen77 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:23 pm

CBS has Minors under his name. They really need to get it together!

BigAhnold

Postby BigAhnold » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm

I had this come up the other day in one auction.

Gyorko is not on the Padres 40 man roster. Although everyone believes he will make the 25 man roster out of spring training, and that he will start at either 3B or 2B for the Padres on opening day, his actual status is non-roster invitee and he is technically still in the minor leagues. The Padres have other non-roster invitees in camp not on the 40 man roster, most notably Tim Stauffer. They are listed in Yahoo as minors or "NA", as far as I know.

So while we all hate Yahoo, they are correct in this instance. Gyorko is in the minors. The Padres will likely purchase his contract before the start of the season.

Depending on your league setup, and how your league treats, for example, minor league players, this situation is similar to people whining at the auction that injured players should be allowed to be put in a DL slot. There have been many players who are announced as injured and will be on the DL - but are not truly on the disabled list as of today. Those announcements will come this weekend.

Know your league rules and use them in these situations to your advantage.

BigA
NL only, 5x5, 8 team, Roto, keeper
C C Alfaro 1B 2B Hiura SS TTurner 3B EEscobar MI KNewman CI OF Dahl OF Braun OF OF OF UT BN:
P P P GMarquez P P P P P KKela P DeSclafani BN:
DL:
Farm: BRodgers, Trammel

AL only, 4x4, 10 team, Roto, keeper
C Sisco C Astudillo 1B JAbreu 2B Merrifield SS Bogaerts 3B RNunez MI Fletcher CI Voit OF OF Stanton OF Naquin OF WCalhoun OF UT AMondesi
P P Snell P Kahnle P TMay P FPena P Karinchak P HRobles P P Alvarado
DL:
Minors:

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, H2H, keeper
C Contreras C Ramos 1B Abreu 2B Albies SS Bichette 3B JDDavis MI Edman CI Kingery OF EJimenez OF Ozuna OF Conforto OF Benintendi OF Gallo UT FReyes Bench: MChavis, Fletcher
P Corbin P Woodruff P Bumgarner P Yarbrough P Ryu P Urias P NAnderson P Hendricks P AChapman Bench: Civale, Chirinos, MBarnes, Bassitt, Cueto
DL

AL+NL, 5x5, 12 team, Roto, Redraft
C C 1B 2B SS 3B MI CI OF OF OF OF OF UT Bench:
P P P P P P P P P Bench:
DL [/size]

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”