Team WTF

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
strikeone
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team WTF

Postby strikeone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 am

There's nothing like doing pre-draft research, absorbing draft strategy, and carefully planning your draft and then throwing it all to the wind on draft day and losing your mind. In defense of this abomination, the people that I drafted that I shouldn't have at least fell to where they weren't outrageously bad value, but you'll see the huge holes drafting them have left.

This is Y! 12 team 5x5 H2H with OBP and QS instead of AVG/Wins.

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Paul Konerko
2B - Danny Espinosa
3B - Aramis Ramirez
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Andrew McCutcheon
OF - Chris Young
Util - Mark Reynolds
Util - Adam Lind

Nothing but question marks here. Konerko and Rollins qualify for the seniors discount at Dennys, Espinosa blamed the view in spring training for an atrocious 10 strikeouts in his last 16 spring ABs, A-Ram guaranteed to spend time on the DL with Lind likely joining him. I couldn't be any less thrilled with this bunch...

SP - Clayton Kershaw
SP - Jon Lester
SP - Jordan Zimmerman
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - Jhoulys Chacin
SP - Colby Lewis
SP - Jonathan Niese
RP - Aroldis Chapman
RP - Carlos Marmol
RP - Brade Lidge
RP - Tyler Clippard
?? - Alfredo Aceves

Way too much here. I'm sure I could trade Kershaw for a bat and still be just fine but nobody is buying. Still only have 1 real closer.

Oy.

Grey

Re: Team WTF

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:38 pm

I agree with what you said about your team...
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”