5yr old Roto Keeper League w/MiLB rosters needs owners

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Calogero

5yr old Roto Keeper League w/MiLB rosters needs owners

Postby Calogero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 am

Gentlemen (and Lady(/ies?), I thought I'd come here and advertise some openings because this is probably the best place to find good and engaged owners.

I just took over as Commish in a 5x5 Yahoo roto league with a few special rules, including 8-player MiLB rosters, "farm keeper" status for guys you bring up through your minors system, and "Franchise Player" tags to enable you to keep certain players for an unlimited amount of years. You keep 4-6 MLB keepers every year (you can only keep the same player for 5 years max unless they are franchised), but most teams also keep 2-5 "farm keepers" and refresh their roster with rookies from their MiLB system every year. So it's not really a true dynasty league, but it has a lot of the same great taste.

The league is 5 years old and has been very fun. However, we have a few openings this year (including the team that took first last year) and we're looking to get owners in place ASAP so we can schedule the draft and get things rolling with keepers and minor league stuff.

The cost is 75. There are a lot of rules and information that you'd need to know that I don't feel like including in this post. But if you're interested, please let me know and I'll share the info with you, including the assets of the team you'd be taking over, access to the league message board, and an explanation of some of the rules.

Again, it's really fun and keeps you engaged throughout the season, and the group of owners returning all love to trade. If you're interested, please email me at PalladiSoldi@hotmail.com and we'll go from there.

Calogero

Re: 5yr old Roto Keeper League w/MiLB rosters needs owners

Postby Calogero » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:14 am

Alright guys, I'm still looking for 2 more well-qualified owners. We're going to combine the open teams into one pool and have an expansion draft. For your convenience, I've made a quick list of players that will be available to build your team.

$75 fee - $585 to 1st, $225 to 2nd and $90 to 3rd

Some of the players included in the expansion pool:

MLB Keepers (Each team must have 4-6)

- Tulo
- Ellsbury
- Bautista
- Jose Reyes
- Prince Fielder
- Halladay
- Hamilton
- Cliff Lee
- BJ Upton
- Carl Crawford
- King Felix
- Adam Jones
- Jered Weaver
- Chris B. Young
- Andrus
- Latos
- Avila
- Victorino
- Mauer
- Konerko
- Sandoval
- Uggla
- Rickie Weeks
- Berkman
- Napoli
- Ian Kennedy
- Ricky Romero
- Morrow
- Carpenter
- Josh Johnson
- Michael Young

"Farm Keepers" (don't count against 4-6 keeper spots; kept as last-round draft picks for 1 or 2 more seasons)

- Carlos Santana (1)
- Lawrie (2)
- Neftali Feliz (1)
- Kimbrel (2)
- Ike Davis (1)
- Espinosa (2)
- Dee Gordon (2)
- Trumbo (2)
- Arencibia (2)
- Jemile Weeks (2)

MiLB Prospects (not exhaustive)

- Bryce Harper
- Shelby Miller
- Julio Teheran
- Tyler Skaggs
- Wil Myers
- Miguel Sano
- Castellanos
- Jean Segura
- Randall Delgado
- Trevor May
- Brad Peacock
- Matthew Adams

There is a LOT of talent. If you play the expansion draft right, you could have a team good enough to finish in the money by opening day. Again, my email is PalladiSoldi@hotmail.com.

hammerman86

Re: 5yr old Roto Keeper League w/MiLB rosters needs owners

Postby hammerman86 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

i would like info,

marcgasm@gmail.com

12 Team, 8x8 $1 per add/drop

Miggy's Salsa
c A.J piersyskaminator
1b Anthony Rizzo
2b Jedd Gyorko
ss Hanley Ramirez
3b Miggy Cabrera