Heyward and Bruce

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
HldOnMgnolia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Heyward and Bruce

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Sat May 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Who would you rather have in a H2H yearly league?
Y! 12 Team H2H 8x8 (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, S K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9)

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

Grey

Re: Heyward and Bruce

Postby Grey » Sun May 08, 2011 9:37 am

Heyward
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

HldOnMgnolia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Sun May 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Wrong answer, Grey.

Thanks, though.
Y! 12 Team H2H 8x8 (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, S K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9)

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Gio Gonzalez, A Sanchez, Marcum, Dempster, BIllingsley, Bedard, Niese, Smyly, Bass
RP

Larkfest

Postby Larkfest » Mon May 09, 2011 7:49 am

Grey's right this time

Heyward!

He is going to hit for a better average and have more runs than Bruce and probably hit slightly less HR and RBI

End of year Prediction

Bruce
80 R .245 AVG 29 hr 90 RBI 16 SB

Heyward
100 R .285 AVG 27 HR 82 RBI 14 SB
14 Team - H2H - 5X5 Keeper league

C - W.Ramos
1B - P. Goldschmidt
2B - Ozzie Albies
3B - A. Rendon
SS - J.Polanco
LF - W. Myers
CF - M. Smith
RF - N. Mazara
Util - R, Zimmerman
B - V. Guererro
B - M. Moustakas

SP - C. Sale (K)
SP - B. Snell
SP - J. Qunitana
RP - R. Osuna
RP - F. Vasquez
RP- C. Knebel
P - A. Heaney
B - K. Gausman
B - T. Skaggs
B - K. Gausman
B - Z. Godley
B - B. Morrow
B - T. Williams
B - Bud Norris
B - R. Lopez
B - S. Alcantara

12 Team - H2H - 6X6 Keeper league,(OPS and QS)

C -
1B -
2B -
3B -
SS -
OF -
OF -
OF -
MI -
CI -
Util -
B -
DL -

SP -
SP -
RP -
RP-
P -
P -
p -
B -
B -
B -
B -
DL -

apoxonbothyourhouses

Postby apoxonbothyourhouses » Tue May 10, 2011 9:21 am

Wrong answer, Grey.

Thanks, though.
if it's THIS year, I think it's a slight edge to Bruce. However, if this is a dynasty league, Heyward HAS to be the guy. He projects as a much more patient hitter with just as much (if not more) power as Bruce.

Ergo, Grey was right. Even if you have a Songs:Ohia cd cover as an avatar (and, consequently, William Schaff artwork), you're still wrong.

HldOnMgnolia
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby HldOnMgnolia » Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Wrong answer, Grey.

Thanks, though.
Ergo, Grey was right. Even if you have a Songs:Ohia cd cover as an avatar (and, consequently, William Schaff artwork), you're still wrong.
Haha.

I should note that it was only the wrong answer because I just traded Heyward away, barring a veto.

I've got Will Schaff's art all over my place (and my body)... I'm consistently surprised how much crossover there is between the razzball crowd and the indie music crowd, though I guess I shouldn't be - smart is as smart does.

C J Montero
1B A Gonzalez
2B Phillips
3B Cabrera
SS Castro
OF McCutchen
OF Bruce
OF Choo
UTL Dunn
UTL De Aza
BN Scott, Davis, Viciedo

RP

ChrisV82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby ChrisV82 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 pm

I don't know if taste in music correlates to intelligence.

Taste in food, though...
I like sports with balls in them.

harrisonobeid

Postby harrisonobeid » Thu May 12, 2011 12:12 pm

The line on Bruce having a .245 average to end the year is pessimistic. This is a guy who broke out last year and hit .280. His LD% is at an abnormally low 7.3%, which is very low for even an average hitter. During his first three years in the league, Bruce maintained a 21.1%, 13%, and 20% line drive rate, which leads me to believe that right now he's just getting a little unlucky. Eventually that line drive rate will rebound and he will start to hit for higher than his current .242 average. Maybe he wont get to .280 again, but if his final line ends up somewhere around .260 with 25+ HRs, 80+ Rs, and 90+ RBIs, I'm happy.

I think the slight edge goes to Bruce. Heyward is struggling mightily right now and his season's average is lower than Bruce's by 20 points (small, but noticeable difference,) and while Bruce's BABIP suggests his average should be closer to .260, Heyward's suggests that he's not really getting as unlucky as people may want to believe. In the end Heyward's struggles come down to too many ground balls and too many pop ups. He needs to start making better contact with the ball.

Not to mention Bruce is showing glimpses of an tare approaching.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”