2B Help

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
linkinpaak

2B Help

Postby linkinpaak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey Grey, why are you so down on Weeks? From what I can tell, his numbers over the last 2 seasons are very similar to that of Kinsler albeit there was a big injury in there in 2009. Yahoo has his rank at 49 and that seems pretty reasonable to me. Health seems to be the only concern with both of those guys so why the big gap in your rankings between the two? What's prompting my question is that I've got 3 keepers from last year in Howard, Kemp, and Zimmerman and SS will be completely depleted by keepers so I'm hoping to snag a 2B early on. I don't think Uggla will be around by the time I pick (9th out of 10 in the first round aka fourth round so my first non-keeper pick will be #39 overall and my second will be #42 which both seem to early for Weeks) so I'm just trying to get a feel for what 2B I should be targeting in my draft. If Uggla's off the board should I just hold for Aaron Hill as a late round steal?

I apologize in advance for the loaded questions and lengthy rambling.
10 team H2H 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(including QB), 1D, 1K, 25 passing yds = 2pts, 5rush/rec yds = 1pt, all TDs 6pts, PPR

QB - Drew Brees
RB - C.J. Spiller
RB - Vick Ballard
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
TE - Greg Olsen
Flex - Matthew Stafford
D - Browns
K - Justin Tucker
BN - Darren McFadden
BN - Reggie Bush
BN - Marcel Reece
BN - Daniel Thomas
BN - Danario Alexander
BN - Eric Decker
BN - Malcom Floyd
BN - Ryan Broyles

FishMan

Re: 2B Help

Postby FishMan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:15 pm

from what I've read his only real issue with Weeks is his health and how many games he will play, or miss if you prefer. Don't reach for a 2B just to get one. Take value where you can and look for a bargain or at least a fair deal later.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey Grey, why are you so down on Weeks? From what I can tell, his numbers over the last 2 seasons are very similar to that of Kinsler albeit there was a big injury in there in 2009. Yahoo has his rank at 49 and that seems pretty reasonable to me. Health seems to be the only concern with both of those guys so why the big gap in your rankings between the two? What's prompting my question is that I've got 3 keepers from last year in Howard, Kemp, and Zimmerman and SS will be completely depleted by keepers so I'm hoping to snag a 2B early on. I don't think Uggla will be around by the time I pick (9th out of 10 in the first round aka fourth round so my first non-keeper pick will be #39 overall and my second will be #42 which both seem to early for Weeks) so I'm just trying to get a feel for what 2B I should be targeting in my draft. If Uggla's off the board should I just hold for Aaron Hill as a late round steal?

I apologize in advance for the loaded questions and lengthy rambling.
Why wasn't Weeks ranked at 49th last preseason? He hasn't changed at all. Always was a 20/15 guy with a bad average. He can't stay healthy. If you want to risk him staying healthy, draft him. I like Hill.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

linkinpaak

Postby linkinpaak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Ok, I can buy the health with Weeks, but then I have a hard time buying Kinsler up at 27. I see a guy who gives you ~120 games per season vs ~100 for Weeks and I don't see much difference in their overall numbers. Maybe I'm just bitter because Kinsler effed me in the A last year, but he has been all over the board throughout his career (AVG as high as .319 and as low as .253, HR spanning from 9-31, SB from 11-31, RBI from 45-86, and R from 65-102). I honestly have no idea what to expect from the guy and maybe that's why eying a guy like Kinsler worries me. I think I'll end up taking Fish's advice and hunt for the bargain late.
10 team H2H 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex(including QB), 1D, 1K, 25 passing yds = 2pts, 5rush/rec yds = 1pt, all TDs 6pts, PPR

QB - Drew Brees
RB - C.J. Spiller
RB - Vick Ballard
WR - A.J. Green
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Chris Givens
TE - Greg Olsen
Flex - Matthew Stafford
D - Browns
K - Justin Tucker
BN - Darren McFadden
BN - Reggie Bush
BN - Marcel Reece
BN - Daniel Thomas
BN - Danario Alexander
BN - Eric Decker
BN - Malcom Floyd
BN - Ryan Broyles

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 pm

I see where you're coming from but we have a 30/30 season from Kinsler as history of ability. Rickie Weeks history says his 2010 season was his best season at 29/12 with a little better average. Based on that, I can see why Kinsler has the edge.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

nyydj2

Postby nyydj2 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:43 am

I am very down on Rickie Weeks as well. I just do not think that it is right that he has been revealing all those national secrets on the internet.

harrisonobeid

Postby harrisonobeid » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:49 pm

For where you have to draft him, Weeks is not a bargain this year. He had a career season in 2010, and you'd like to think he can build on that but usually players don't follow a career season with a career season. Even with all the number he put up last year, he only managed to maintain a .464 SLG%, stole a whopping 11 bases, and managed to set a career high in strikeouts by 70 over his previous high mark.

He definitely has the capability to put up a 30/20 season, but it's not something you want to bank an early round pick on. Especially considering his injury history.

Last year it was a bargain and a pleasure drafting Weeks in the 10th round. When you start talking about taking this guy in the 3rd or 4th round, maybe you should reconsider.

Holdout for Hill, most definitely.
The Chicken McStudpiece Value Meal (12 team, H2H roto: AVG, SLG, RBIs, Rs, SBs, BBs/KOs, ERA, WHIP, K/9, Ws - Ls, SVs, IPs)

C - Hank Conger
1B - Kevin Youkilis
2B - Gordon Beckham
3B - David Wright
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Andrew McStudpiece
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Carlos Quentin
U - Jay Bruce
SP - Jered Weaver
SP - Cole Hamels
SP - Chad Billingsley
SP - Daniel Hudson
SP - Madison Bumgarner
RP - John Axford
RP - Jordan Walden
BN - Adam Jones
BN - Geovany Soto
BN - Nate McClouth
BN - Domonic Brown
BN - Brandon Belt
BN - Jose Tabata
BN - Justin Masterson
BN - Alexi Ogando
BN - Michael Pineda
BN - Erik Bedard
BN - Kyle Drabek
BN - Kyle McClellan

hasenmensch
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby hasenmensch » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:43 am

I am very down on Rickie Weeks as well. I just do not think that it is right that he has been revealing all those national secrets on the internet.
Now that is damn funny. There's got to be a good team name in there somewhere.
12 team auction league, $260 salary cap,
5x5 cats, 14 hitters (1 utility, 2 catchers), 9 pitchers (no SP/RP reqs, but 1100 Inn min.)
Avg, HRs, RBIs, Runs, SBs
ERA, Whip, Wins, Saves, K/9

JHeyKid

Postby JHeyKid » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:00 am

haha thats great.
14 team H2H 10 keepers
C Avila
1B M Cabrera
2B A Hill (Prado DL)
SS Castro
3B Scott Sizemore (Prado DL)
OF Wiggington (Crawford DL)
OF Kemp
OF Bruce
Util Freddie Freeman

SP Halladay, CJ Wilson, Oswalt, Sanchez, Chacin, Lewis, Maholm, Zambrano, McCellan, Teheran
RP Farnsworth, Melancon

DL: Kendrys Morales,

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”