Where are YOU playing this year -- Looking for a $$$ League

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
sean1981
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Where are YOU playing this year -- Looking for a $$$ League

Postby sean1981 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm

I've been searching high and low for the best place to put my dollars into play, but it seems like I always end up back at CBS. Although I won my league there last year, there are some major cons to playing there: (1) winner-take-all format; (2) relatively shallow pool of leagues/draft times; and (3) the general douchery of most of my past CBS leaguemates.

I tried my luck in a Fanball league last year, but I really did not like the FAAB process and the overall look and feel of the product.

Any suggestions? Where are you playing/have you played? Please limit your responses to online games for cash, not a friendly agreement in an otherwise public service (like some of the RCLs, etc.).

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Where are YOU playing this year -- Looking for a $$$ League

Postby AdmiralTrey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:53 pm

When I play for cash, it's usually with all or mostly all people that I know... If you know a few people that play fantasy sports at work, school, in family, etc. and ask them, they in turn may have friends that also play, and those friends might have friends, and before you know it, you'd got a solid core of people that you can physically keep in contact with, and have someone you all mutually trust to hold the money.

That seems a lot easier than relying on an outside website where you have less options with the buy-in price, how money is distributed, league settings, etc.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Cole1510

Postby Cole1510 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:44 am

I play at fsru.com. I played on cbs for years and felt the same way you do now about playing there. Im in my third season on fsru and couldnt be happier. It is a little pricier, but the keeper league experience has made it much more enjoyable. You are also paying for better competion as well. Personally, I want to win the money, but it is more important to win against more experienced players. The leagues fill up quickly so you prolly want to make a decision on joining a league quickly. Thats my two cents.

sean1981
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby sean1981 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm

@Cole: thanks for the heads up on fsru. Their payouts look terrible though ($150 for a 14-teamer that pays out $500 to the winner?)

Cole1510

Postby Cole1510 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah but it pays all the way down to I think 7th place. And it has legit trophies lol. I wanted to join a keeper league and this was the best I could find. They use cbs software as well. I came in third last season so my team was free the following year. Have you found any other leagues? Im always looking for new sites to play on. I play fantasy football every year for money with friends, but I dont know anyone that is as crazy about fantasy baseball as me so I switch sites regularly.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”