Fantasy Football is overrated

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
Oregon Nut Cups

Fantasy Football is overrated

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:04 pm

There, I said it. Good strategy will help but a lot of dumb luck will win it. Give me fantasy baseball or give me death...or cake. I like cake.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Fantasy Football is overrated

Postby AdmiralTrey » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 am

Agreed. I still do it to pass time, but it doesn't require anywhere near the attention and knowledge that fantasy baseball does.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

thejvp

Postby thejvp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:26 am

Well put my friend.

Frank Rizzo

Postby Frank Rizzo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 am

I would agree it's more luck than skill, but that's obviously going to happen when a player gets 16 games as opposed to 162.

What I like about FF is you can still lead a life during the week and not have to follow 7 days a week for over 6 months. I admit to getting sick of FB in September. The season is just so long.
Yahoo 10 Team H2H, 5 x 5, Outfielders position specific. Keep 1 each year in the round he was drafted.

C - Yasmani Grandal CWS - C,1B
1B - Matt Olson Oak - 1B
2B - Ketel Marte Ari - 2B,SS,CF
SS - Javier Báez ChC - SS
3B - José Ramírez Cle - 3B
LF - Lourdes Gurriel Jr. Tor - 2B,LF
CF - Ian Happ ChC - 2B,3B,LF,CF
RF - Kyle Tucker Hou - LF,RF
Util - Nelson Cruz Min - Util
Bench - Max Kepler Min - CF,RF

SP - Luis Castillo Cin - SP
SP - Patrick Corbin Was - SP
SP - Shane Bieber Cle - SP (10th round keeper)
SP - Drew Pomeranz SD - SP,RP
RP - Ryan Pressly Hou - RP
Bench - Zach Davies SD - SP
Bench - Kenta Maeda Min - SP,RP
Bench - Zac Gallen Ari - SP
Bench - Aaron Civale Cle - SP
IL - Jake Odorizzi Min - SP

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:19 pm

I like that baseball requires the attention that it does. Like Grey said in the blog, it really helps my OCD.

I'm getting back into football this year after taking last year off. I've been doing a bunch of mocks and have come to realize every team should be loaded in a 10 team league. I screwed up in one and took Reggie Wayne as the 1st overall pick and still built a team that i'd like to have.

bookiebob

Postby bookiebob » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:00 pm

I totally agree - fantasy football is overrated.

But because it is so easy to manage, and you really don't have to pay much attention, it is ridiculously popular.

Coworker douchebag: "What? I beat you this week?! Aww, I totally roooooool u dude!"

Fuck off dipshit. Me, bitter? No, just spending 20 hours a week studying the game, so your team can go off with two players inactive because of their bye weeks.

Oregon still has NFL lottery picks right ONC? So there's some salvation........
Hey Smails! A thousand bucks you miss that putt!

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I agree it's too luck based. Even H2H baseball gives you enough time to make up for some bad luck, football doesn't. I've seen total noobs win leagues and undefeated juggernauts get crushed in the 1st round of playoffs.

I gonna play hockey this year with a bunch of people who know jack about it. The draft will be hilarious, nobody even knows how to pronounce the player's names.

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:04 pm

I agree it's too luck based. Even H2H baseball gives you enough time to make up for some bad luck, football doesn't. I've seen total noobs win leagues and undefeated juggernauts get crushed in the 1st round of playoffs.

I gonna play hockey this year with a bunch of people who know jack about it. The draft will be hilarious, nobody even knows how to pronounce the player's names.
I heard Igor Ternyurheadinkov is a great sleeper pick.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

microwave donut

Postby microwave donut » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:19 pm

I heard Igor Ternyurheadinkov is a great sleeper pick.
He'll fit in great with Ron Tugnutt and Alexander Semin

Basketball: 19 team roto keeper; weekly locks; start 10 util.

John Wall
Kawhi Leonard
Marc Gasol
Dwayne Wade
Bradley Beal
Danny Green
Ed Davis
Anthony Morrow
Matt Barnes
Kevin Garnett
Boris Diaw
Rasual Butler
Danny Granger

JD, the Hockey Man

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:37 pm

I agree that it's more luck than skill. I had three teams last year, I was in 1st place in all three leagues going into the playoffs with no major injuries or any issues with any players, one of these teams was 14-1-0 and 5 games up on 2nd place. I lost all three first round (or my first round, given some leagues had byes for 1st and 2nd seeds) games and was out across the board. And that seems to happen to me often, I dominate all year and then my key guys have one bad game coupled with my opponent starting some schmohawk who explodes... and baddabing! I'm out.

And of course, the next week? My lineup performs as expected. Of course.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”