Pods' post Manny return value?

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
JD, the Hockey Man

Pods' post Manny return value?

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:38 pm

Pods has been swinging a great bat this year, and he's continued that for the Dodgers. So how much time (and value) does he lose with Manny nearly healthy? Manny's health could only last a short time (I'm looking at you Pedroia, damnit!), but if it doesn't? Is Pods just mostly relegated to a handful of games to spell Manny and pinch running?

Grey

Re: Pods' post Manny return value?

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Pods has been swinging a great bat this year, and he's continued that for the Dodgers. So how much time (and value) does he lose with Manny nearly healthy? Manny's health could only last a short time (I'm looking at you Pedroia, damnit!), but if it doesn't? Is Pods just mostly relegated to a handful of games to spell Manny and pinch running?
Knowing Torre, the entire Dodgers outfield will become a 4 man shuffle with everyone but Ethier sitting.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Yahoo is saying Kemp is gonna lose time to Pods. Outstanding.

JD, the Hockey Man

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Knowing Torre, the entire Dodgers outfield will become a 4 man shuffle with everyone but Ethier sitting.
I kind of hope that's the case, but was wondering whether...
Yahoo is saying Kemp is gonna lose time to Pods. Outstanding.
...Kemp would be the odd man out more often than not because he's sort of in Torre's dog house? I don't think we can trust Yahoo much for reliable info, though. Stupid NL and no DH and making my stretch run decisions more difficult.

danielpwnz

Postby danielpwnz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:37 am

I hope Kemp gets traded this winter. Jeez.
razzball commenter: daniel p

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am

It's on the Dodgers official site:

http://tinyurl.com/263a7uc

I'm hoping Manny goes back to the DL soon

JD, the Hockey Man

Postby JD, the Hockey Man » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

It's on the Dodgers official site:

http://tinyurl.com/263a7uc

I'm hoping Manny goes back to the DL soon
That's not too much of a reach, he just can't stay healthy. And blech, he's 1-6 with 5Ks in his rehab assignment? Looking good there, Manny! This whole situation is as craptastic as a closer by committee circus. I need Pods' wheels every day, I'd rather he stayed in KC, he was putting up nearly identical numbers in a weaker lineup, and playing every day, and life was grand.

CheezWhit
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby CheezWhit » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 am

Why don't the Dodgers platoon Manny and Pods? They have no shot at the playoffs. Why disrupt Kemp's growth even more by playing two guys who won't be back next year. Defensively, Pods can't even throw to second base from Center field. Joe Torre needs to retire and take that fossil staff of coaches with them. I am a disgruntled Kemp owner but this would make more sense.
13 team 5x5 keeper league (can extend each player 5 years max)

C Christian Vazquez C | BOS
1B Christian Walker 1B | ARI
2B Garrett Hampson 2B,OF | COL
3B Josh Donaldson 3B | MIN
SS Trea Turner SS | WAS
MI Adalberto Mondesi SS | KC
CI Scott Kingery 3B,OF | PHI
OF Willie Calhoun OF | TEX
OF Joey Gallo OF | TEX
OF Teoscar Hernandez OF | TOR
OF Yasiel Puig OF | CLE
OF Mike Trout OF | LAA
U Kole Calhoun OF | ARI
U Luis Robert U | CHW

P Chris Archer P | PIT
P Edwin Diaz P | NYM
P Mike Foltynewicz P | ATL
P Max Fried P | ATL
P Raisel Iglesias P | CIN
P Craig Kimbrel P | CHC
P Frankie Montas P | OAK
P Jose Quintana P | CHC
P Jacob deGrom P | NYM

Bench

P Ty Buttrey P | LAA
P Dylan Cease P | CHW
P MacKenzie Gore P | SD
P Forrest Whitley P | HOU
MI Brendan Rodgers MI | COL
OF Wil Myers OF | SD
U Wander Franco U | TB
U Alex Kirilloff U | MIN

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 pm

I agree, Cheez. I realize Joe Torre is Joe Torre and i'm just some guy posting on a fantasy baseball message board, but the way they've handled/caused Kemp's slump is baffling to me.

On Aug 2, Torre batted Kemp 3rd and he wend 5-5 with a homer and drove in a run in 3 different ABs. Instead of leaving him there the next day and seeing what happened, Torre went back to jerking him around all over the batting order. I don't understand. All i ever read is how hard Kemp works on hitting and in the weight room, but the Dodgers still treat him like he's Allen Iverson or something. The whole shituation is very frustrating.

A-Rod's Cousin

Postby A-Rod's Cousin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Another frustrating thing about the Dodgers is how late their lineup comes in. Part of it is being on the west coast and part of it is their constant desire to piss me off. The Reds have turned their lineup in already, but i'm thinking i should go ahead and start Andres Torres because i have no idea if Kemp is playing.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”