Please Rate My n00b Draft

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
Awesomus Maximus

Please Rate My n00b Draft

Postby Awesomus Maximus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 am

Okay, I haven't watched a non-Super Bowl game in at least 6 years, so I know very little about current players/teams. I got talked into doing a league, and this was the result of my draft:

12-Team, ESPN, H2H Points, Standard Scoring

QB Drew Brees, NO QB
RB Steven Jackson, Atl RB
RB Montee Ball, Den RB
WR Randall Cobb, GB WR
WR Wes Welker, Den WR P
TE Owen Daniels, Hou TE
FLEX James Jones, GB WR
D/ST Steelers D/ST D/ST
K Justin Tucker, Bal K

Bench Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
Bench Vincent Brown, SD WR
Bench Rueben Randle, NYG WR
Bench Ronnie Hillman, Den RB
Bench Josh Brown, NYG K
Bench LaRod Stephens-Howling, Pit RB
Bench Santana Moss, Wsh WR

Sky

Re: Please Rate My n00b Draft

Postby Sky » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 am

Ooph, sorry my man this team doesn't look good at all. Zero RB depth, Welker shouldn't be your WR2 and your RB2 is in a timeshare with 2 other guys, one of which you have on your bench and of the two, neither are even being called the starter right now. And you have a bench kicker...yeah, I don't know what to say other then you'll wanna study up for next year cuz I doubt there's anything on waivers that's going to fix this team enough to make it competitive.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Awesomus Maximus

Postby Awesomus Maximus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 am

Ha! That's fantastic... thanks for taking a look at least. :)

Awesomus Maximus

Postby Awesomus Maximus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

Oh, almost forgot to mention... the two Giants are on my bench because there is a known fan in the league I'm looking to trade with for an RB ASAP, but we're facing each other Week 1, so I may have to hold out.

Any reason Welker is so bad in a 12-Team? Just wondering so there's something I can look for specifically on FA as the season develops.

And my thinking on the RB situation was that one of them will become the starter and then I'll be able to drop the other. Meh... I know, not a brilliant strategy.

Sky

Postby Sky » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Welker is more of a PPR play and even then I see him as a WR3 for those purposes. Standard he doesn't give you much. 70 yards on 6 catches is good in a PPR, not so much without those 3 extra 0.5 PPR points.

You needed more RB depth. You took 1 solid back and then forgot about them until late in the draft. You should have at least 3 startable RBs and right now you only have 1 with 2 guys battling to be one and Moreno might overtake them both...LSH is a PPR play as he's not gonna tote the rock unless it's on a 3rd down pass play.

I swear I'm not a jerk! But really, this team is gonna need a lot of FA magic to make anything happen this year.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Awesomus Maximus

Postby Awesomus Maximus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:37 am

I swear I'm not a jerk! But really, this team is gonna need a lot of FA magic to make anything happen this year.
You're giving free advice... your not being a jerk is a given. Seriously, I appreciate it mate.

Sky

Postby Sky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 am

You're giving free advice... your not being a jerk is a given. Seriously, I appreciate it mate.
Ha, no prob. I just wish I had nicer things to say!

Awesomus Maximus

Postby Awesomus Maximus » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:56 am

Ha, no prob. I just wish I had nicer things to say!
Here's the thing... I don't need to do well. I don't even watch football, so it's of minor importance to me. I just have $50 that says I will do better than my buddy. As long as I finish ahead of him, I'm golden. Please tell me awful things about his roster:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB C.J. Spiller, Buf RB
RB Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
WR Victor Cruz, NYG WR
WR Eric Decker, Den WR
TE Brandon Myers, NYG TE
FLEX Rashard Mendenhall, Ari RB
D/ST Bears D/ST D/ST
K Matt Prater, Den K

Bench Mike Williams, TB WR
Bench Carson Palmer, Ari QB
Bench Josh Freeman, TB QB
Bench Philip Rivers, SD QB
Bench Brandon Pettigrew, Det TE
Bench Michael Turner, FA RB
Bench Mikel Leshoure, Det RB

Sky

Postby Sky » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Haha, cool.

This team looks much better in the starting lineup, excluding the TE. The main issue is the bench. I'm not big on backup QBs and you've got 3 of them when you'll probably rarely if ever bench Ryan. Outside of Mike Williams, the bench needs some work in my eyes. That said, the starting lineup should keep you competitive.

Return to “Football - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”