LOGIN

Do other parts of the country say ‘yous’? Maybe it’s because I have South Jersey roots but I say it a lot. I also say “jawn” more than I probably should and I end up sounding like a crazy person out here in rural Ohio. Yous see that jawn? Yous see Yusmeiro Petit‘s jawn ($7,100) on that DraftKings jawn? No, Mike, we have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Well, let me explain this jawn to yous…

Petit has been solid since joining the Giants’ rotation aside from the hiccup in Colorado. We’ll forgive most pitchers for a hiccup in Colorado though. Take out that start, and the 29-year-old right-hander has thrown 22 innings and has only allowed five earned runs while striking out 26 batters. That’s prettay prettay good. It’s also not counting the 4+ innings of long relief with 5 Ks just before he entered the rotation. Petit draws the Padres in San Diego today. The Pads have a ho-hum 84 wRC+ against righties this season to go along with a 22% strikeout percentage (6th highest in baseball). As a team San Diego is slashing .234/.303/.344 in September. It’s a nice matchup for the price any way you slice it.

New to DraftKings? Scared of feeling like a small fish in a big pond? Well try out this 10 teamer of Razzball writers and friends to wet your DK whistle. Just remember to sign up through us before you do. It’s how we know you care! If you still feel helpless and lonely, be sure to check theDFSBot for your daily baseball plays.

Drew Pomeranz, SP: $6,900 – Another value play today, Pomeranz faces a Phillies team that’s out of it and traveling to the west coast. My Phils sport an 89 wRC+ against lefties this season (ranked 25th in baseball) and strike out at a 22% clip against southpaws. Pomeranz was quite the serviceable starter before he started fighting inanimate objects in the Athletic clubhouse and has thrown 8.1 innings without giving up a run in August and September. He has struck out ten in that span.

Alex Gordon, OF: $4,400 – Gordon gets the platoon advantage against right-hander Max Scherzer today at home. The WAR darling has seen Scherzer well in his career with three homers and a .750 slugging percentage in 36 at bats against the righty and his heterochromic irises.

Jose Bautista, OF: $5,300 – Bautista has walked at least once in all but two of his last ten games and he’ll face lefty Chris Capuano today. The Toronto slugger has a 196 wRC+ against left-handed pitching this season and I think he’ll be worth the $5K price tag today in DFS, especially with the game in a stadium where the Bronx Bombers play. In 22 at bats against Capuano, Joey Bats is hitting .364/.500/.864 with three homers.

Adam LaRoche, 1B: $4,100 – LaRoche will face right-hander Jarred Cosart tonight. The Nationals’ first baseman has been one of the hotter hitters this month and has four homers and 11 runs batted in over the past two weeks. I like the matchup as well as the price.

I’m Only Happy When It Rains

LAD@CHC has a threat of rain but it looks like CLE@MIN is the game that could get really nasty.

Doing Lines In Vegas (15-16)

With only two weeks left I’m in danger of a losing record on the year. Womp womp. Let’s take the over in Colorado (10 1/2).