Keepers and Draft advice

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
emptygift

Keepers and Draft advice

Postby emptygift » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 am

Just wanted to get some opinions. I can't wait for this draft.

I'm in a 10 Team NON-PPR League. I'm allowed 4 keepers and I'm torn between keeping Welker or Dez Bryant. I can only keep one of them because I'm keeping 3 others...

Welker would be kept in the 6th Round
Bryant would be kept in the 5th Round

There ADP is basically evens out. I would love to keep Dez. He's the #2 now and Homo (sorry I'm a Giants fan) airs it out. Welker on the other hand is Mr. Reliable and the Pats should lean on him heavily. So as you can see I'm torn.

FYI my other keepers are, besides AWESOME, this;

Mendenhall 7th
J Charles 8th
Vick 10th

Which leads me to my draft question. I have the #2 overall pick. The leagues roster spots are 3 WR, 2 RB. Most of the first round RB are kept. I'm assuming, unless AP doesn't go #1 that I should be drafting Andre Johnson? WR in our league get a lot of bonus pts for yardage, basically 75yds and a TD is worthwhile.

My team could look like this after round 1-I'm excited

Vick
A Johnson
Welker/Bryant
WR3?
Mendenhall
J Charles
TE?
K?
DEF?

Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated, including further round draft strategies!!

Gracias
10 Team Keeper League
Stats-R HR RBI SB OBP SLG-W SV K ERA WHIP K/BB

C-S. Perez
1B-C. Davis
2B-Cano
SS-Elvis
3B-Wright
OF-Cargo
OF-A. Jones
OF-Noki
OF-Choo
Ult-Butler
B-Belt
B-Carpenter
B-Rendon
B-Nava

SP-Bumgarner
SP-Scherzer
SP-Kennedy
SP-Cobb
SP-Niese
SP-Lester
SP-Cingrani
SP-Wacha
RP-Mujica
RP-Perkins
RP-Wilhelmsen
RP-Henderson

Perdew

Re: Keepers and Draft advice

Postby Perdew » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am

Dez certainly has upside, but last year romo didn't like him at all before he got hurt. He was also the WR3 then. Im thinking romo begins his love affair with dez this year, but austin and witten will be more consistent. Welker a rd later might be awesome since we know what you'll get. Brady will always find a way to get welker the ball. Touchdowns are his only caveat. I think I go with welker and try to take a upside runner in 5. It all hinges on whether you think dez will breakout. But the value with welker in the 6th is guaranteed and it allows you to go after another need in the fifth.
KEEPER LEAGUE: 10 team .5PPR

qb: matt ryan
rb: chris johnson
rb: jamaal charles
wr: victor cruz
wr: percy harvin
wr: heyward-bey
flx: mendenhall
te: rudolph
d: i forget
k: bryant
bench