IR Stash

Start, sit, who to acquit? My QB just lost a finger, wuss, who should I pick up?
EthanRoto

IR Stash

Postby EthanRoto » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:55 pm

My 12-team PPR league has an IR spot to stash a player who may return later. I've had N'Keal Harry since the first pickups period, but someone just dropped Njoku. I already have some silly TE depth with Hooper, Waller, and Mark Andrews taking up too much room on my roster, but we do have 8 bench spots plus the IR spot. Either way, I get to have a player with an N-followed-by-a-consonant.

Who would you keep? I do have Godwin, Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitz, and Robby Anderson, so I've got solid options at WR. Not sure who the Pats bring back from IR, given that they have their left tackle, fullback, and rookie 1st round WR all competing for the 2 return designations, too...

~Ethan

zach

Re: IR Stash

Postby zach » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 pm

The feeling I'm getting out of New England (after listening to countless hours of Boston sports radio), and in my own opinion, the Pats will likely bring back Wynn and Devlin, not Harry. We need Wynn and Devlin for run blocking more than we need an additional piece in the passing game. Plus, Ben Watson is coming back this week, adding another weapon in the passing game for Brady. I don't think Harry will be one of the IR players to make a return this year, it would shock me if he came back. I'd stash Njoku

EthanRoto

Re: IR Stash

Postby EthanRoto » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks - that's similar to my thinking - the running game has been ghastly, so if they can get back their fullback and left tackle, they're be wiser to find offensive balance from two known quantities, rather than go for an unproven rookie to add more WR depth. Ben Watson could give them another receiving threat - someone who has earned Brady's trust before and knows "how it works"...

Return to “Football - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”