CBS Premium Leagues.

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
bobtpooner
Sponsor
Sponsor

CBS Premium Leagues.

Postby bobtpooner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Just signed up for the Gold level, with a 30 buck fee to possibly make $150 in a 10 team league. Needless to say, I have my concerns (CBS really pockets a cool $150 outta each league?). I've never played fantasy thru CBS, so if anyone has done their leagues before any advice would be appreciated.
1. Is their live draft essentially the same as ESPN/MDC? They don't really give you any idea of what their draft boards look like, and I don't want to show up to my draft and get screwed with Jason Bay in round 2 because I couldn't figure out how the board looked.
2. I signed up for a weekly lineup, 5x5 points league. I wanted to do h2h, but saw that at the end of each week, you either win or lose, no points, and that seemed like it would be unbelievably frustrating and would involve too much luck. Since I'm playing for money, which type of league has the least amount of luck involved?
3. Since the lineups are set weekly instead of daily, does this screw you for spot starting? It seems like you could have player go on the DL on Monday and not be able to do anything until next week to replace him? Is this true, or can you add a player if he's on the DL?
If there are any additional warnings/advice anyone has about CBS fantasy baseball leagues, let me know, the draft isn't for about 10 days, so I have time to switch a league (h2h, roto, etc).
Thanks!
Ben

Grey

Re: CBS Premium Leagues.

Postby Grey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Just signed up for the Gold level, with a 30 buck fee to possibly make $150 in a 10 team league. Needless to say, I have my concerns (CBS really pockets a cool $150 outta each league?). I've never played fantasy thru CBS, so if anyone has done their leagues before any advice would be appreciated.
1. Is their live draft essentially the same as ESPN/MDC? They don't really give you any idea of what their draft boards look like, and I don't want to show up to my draft and get screwed with Jason Bay in round 2 because I couldn't figure out how the board looked.
2. I signed up for a weekly lineup, 5x5 points league. I wanted to do h2h, but saw that at the end of each week, you either win or lose, no points, and that seemed like it would be unbelievably frustrating and would involve too much luck. Since I'm playing for money, which type of league has the least amount of luck involved?
3. Since the lineups are set weekly instead of daily, does this screw you for spot starting? It seems like you could have player go on the DL on Monday and not be able to do anything until next week to replace him? Is this true, or can you add a player if he's on the DL?
If there are any additional warnings/advice anyone has about CBS fantasy baseball leagues, let me know, the draft isn't for about 10 days, so I have time to switch a league (h2h, roto, etc).
Thanks!
Ben
1. I've never done one of their $30 for $150 leagues, not sure why people don't just get 9 other people together and play in a free league and then divvy all the cash. I have used CBS for other leagues though. I like their interface a lot. Their news is terrible, but I guess you have Razzball for that.

2. H2H has the most amount of luck.

3. Yeah, it screws you for spot starting and you're screwed if a guy goes on the DL on Monday if it's a weekly league.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

JimmySkip
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: CBS Premium Leagues.

Postby JimmySkip » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:22 pm

If you'd like to get a good feel for the draft room, you can check out the free mock drafts on CBS. They are set up and run exactly the same way as normal league drafts. They were having some problems with them in the last couple days though, so if its not working for you then just wait a few days until they fix the problems (hopefully).

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”