Razzball Point Shares

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Chip

Razzball Point Shares

Postby Chip » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Ok, I see that Razzball Point Shares are based a league of C/1B/2B/SS/3B/5 OF/CI/MI/UTIL/9P teams. Thus, I can understand why the intro says: "For 2 Catcher leagues, catcher values increase about 1.5 Point Shares." My question is about other changes. For example, teams in my money league also have 23 payers, but they are ten infielders (2 of each position), five outfielders, and eight pitchers. In that league, do I need to increase the value of all infielders, not just catchers? Do I increase the value of pitchers because only eight contribute half of the total points? These are the types of questions that keep me up at night...Please help me get some sleep. Thanks.

Rudy Gamble

Re: Razzball Point Shares

Postby Rudy Gamble » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 am

Hey Chip -
Good question. I did a test to determine the incremental Catcher value if there was a move to 2 catchers.

Based on your league parameters, I'd expect the following macro-level differences:
- Rostered 2B/SS goes from 30 to 40 (I assume none get used in UTIL).
- Rostered C would go from 10 to 20.
- Rostered 1B/3B don't change too much as there are several that populate UTIL.
- Rostered OFs go down since they can't go in UTIL (this decreases OF value - better FAs/VORPs)
- Rostered SPs play a greater value in ERA/WHIP. This increases value of SPs and RPs. This is tempered somewhat (more so by RP) by better FA/VORPs for the counting stats (W/SV/K).

It's tough to say the total impact this would have on values without doing a test and that's a bit time consuming. I'd try a tool like lastplayerpicked.com/priceguide/ to see the % differences in dollar value with the current point shares and apply that. So if 2Bs are going up on average 10% in dollar value via this tool, do the same for the point shares.

Hope that made sense. Sorry I can't give you an exact answer....man, why can't your league just be normal? :)

Rudy

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”