Just traded up to get 6th pick in 14 team draft

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Zubaz4fans

Just traded up to get 6th pick in 14 team draft

Postby Zubaz4fans » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 am

i just traded up to get the 6th pick in my draft out of 14 teams. (points based, K= -1, BB=1, 1b-1, 2b-2..etc)

i'm really having trouble trying to figure out who to pick though.

I've narrowed it down to a few unless someone drops for some reason.

Miggy Cabrera - he's only 1B eligible in my league--otherwise i was really thinking about him here.

Sizemore - Love the guy, have had him like 3 years in a row, love the fact he plays almost every game. Don't like that OF is very deep this year, his avg last year, and his K's.

Braun - Guy is a monsta! Same situation as sizemore though, except for avg. Braun > Sizemore?

UTLEY - probably gonna be healthy for opening day and he had career numbers while hurt last year..def best 2b. Why do not many people have Utley ranked in the mid 1st round?

Grey

Re: Just traded up to get 6th pick in 14 team draft

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:37 am

i just traded up to get the 6th pick in my draft out of 14 teams. (points based, K= -1, BB=1, 1b-1, 2b-2..etc)

i'm really having trouble trying to figure out who to pick though.

I've narrowed it down to a few unless someone drops for some reason.

Miggy Cabrera - he's only 1B eligible in my league--otherwise i was really thinking about him here.

Sizemore - Love the guy, have had him like 3 years in a row, love the fact he plays almost every game. Don't like that OF is very deep this year, his avg last year, and his K's.

Braun - Guy is a monsta! Same situation as sizemore though, except for avg. Braun > Sizemore?

UTLEY - probably gonna be healthy for opening day and he had career numbers while hurt last year..def best 2b. Why do not many people have Utley ranked in the mid 1st round?
Those are your choices and they're not easy. I like them Miggy, Sizemore, Braun then Utley, in that order. I think any of them can give you great value and have no problem with any of them at the 6th spot.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Zubaz4fans

Postby Zubaz4fans » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 am

Here's what I don't like about Miggy though.

id take miggy with # 6 but

A. he isn't 3B eligible in my league.

"Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 20 games last year or 5 games this year."

So, will Miggy play 5 games at 3B this year? Whattya think?

B. Besides that..in 08 he had 477 points in my league. I'm comparing that to ...

Lance Berkman - 555 pts.

Texeira - 554 pts

Morneau - 530 pts

Sizemore - 540 pts

Utley - 548 pts

I mean christ, Nate Mclouth had more pts than Miggy last season in my league. This is my deterrence from him.

Thats why its so tough, don't know if i should take sizemore, utley, braun over him.

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:13 am

So, will Miggy play 5 games at 3B this year? Whattya think?
I don't think he will. But I think he could be the top ranked 1st baseman at the end of the year. He could go 110/40/120/.320 -- Numbers that beat Tex and Howard.
B. Besides that..in 08 he had 477 points in my league. I'm comparing that to ...

Lance Berkman - 555 pts.

Texeira - 554 pts

Morneau - 530 pts

Sizemore - 540 pts

Utley - 548 pts

I mean christ, Nate Mclouth had more pts than Miggy last season in my league. This is my deterrence from him.

Thats why its so tough, don't know if i should take sizemore, utley, braun over him.
I think he's much better in '09 than he was in '08. The whole switching leagues may have played a factor last year and the whole Tigers team wasn't playing right early last year. His 2nd half numbers are very good.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Zubaz4fans

Postby Zubaz4fans » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:34 pm

point well taken.

its prob gonna come down to a last minute decision between him and utley.

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”