used BRAN for first time in mock....

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
cleaver596

used BRAN for first time in mock....

Postby cleaver596 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:55 am

Harvard. Oxford. Mental Floss magazine. Razzball. The connection? your all geniuses. I really liked this draft strategy. According to post draft rankings, my team is 7 points ahead in the rankings. I know this isn't close to how the season will shape up, but knowing I drafted the best team in the draft leaves a good feeling my stomach, kinda like watching someone you dislike stub their toe. Pure satisfaction. Well here it is.

This was on MDC and everyone i drafted starts.

R1 P5 SS Jose Reyes, NYM
R2 P8 1B Justin Morneau, MIN
R3 P5 1B Prince Fielder, MIL
R4 P8 OF Curtis Granderson, DET
R5 P5 OF Bobby Abreu, ANA
R6 P8 3B Garrett Atkins, COL [1B]
R7 P5 SP James Shields, TB
R8 P8 RP Joakim Soria, KC
R9 P5 SP Ricky Nolasco, FLA
R10 P8 OF Nelson Cruz, TEX
R11 P5 OF Andre Ethier, LA
R12 P8 SP Brett Myers, PHI
R13 P5 SP Derek Lowe, ATL
R14 P8 RP Heath Bell, SD
R15 P5 2B Jose Lopez, SEA
R16 P8 OF Rick Ankiel, STL
R17 P5 C Jeff Clement, SEA
R18 P8 SP Gil Meche, KC
R19 P5 2B Placido Polanco, DET
R20 P8 SP Jeremy Guthrie, BAL
R21 P5 C Kelly Shoppach, CLE
R22 P8 SP Hong-Chih Kuo, LA
R23 P5 OF Delmon Young, MIN
I'm the Cleave, so thats what you call me. That, or um, Cleaver, or his Cleaveness, or um, El Cleaverino, if your not into the whole brevity thing.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

Rudy Gamble

Re: used BRAN for first time in mock....

Postby Rudy Gamble » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:47 am

Thanks cleaver. We'll try not to let all that 'genius' stuff go to our head....

Glad you read the BRAN strategy but did you read the risky pitcher post? (http://razzball.com/20-risky-pitchers-for-2009/). I've got Nolasco and Myers both on it really high so that colors my view of your starting pitching. I like Soria and Heath Bell but 7 SPs and 2 closers?

For hitters, I like following up the Reyes 1st pick with two RBI men although back-to-back 1Bs is less than ideal. But Fielder with the 29th pick is a rather good deal. Not sure I love the Granderson pick - you've already got Reyes so less need for a R/SB guy who isn't going to help in AVG. Abreu has more balance with RBIs and AVG so like that pick more.

Great pickup with Jose Lopez in the 15th round. Great value for 2B.

So, overall, pretty solid job on the hitting. I'd aim to get 3 closers in a 12-team league - possibly 4 if there are some still around past the 15th round. And steer clear of those risky pitchers....

cleaver596

Re: used BRAN for first time in mock....

Postby cleaver596 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Yeah the brett myers was an autopick, i got kicked offline. I know nolasco is a risky pitcher, but I feel like he's worth the risk if I back him with 4 or 5 other solid starters. Substitute some other pitcher for myers, cuz that's how it would have happened. I'll keep in mind the granderson thing. That was the first time I took reyes in a mock draft, cuz i dont like losing that much power that early. So I wasn't quite sure how to fill my stats, and usually granderson is a good pick. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks.
I'm the Cleave, so thats what you call me. That, or um, Cleaver, or his Cleaveness, or um, El Cleaverino, if your not into the whole brevity thing.

12 team 1 PPR, 5 bonus points for 100 yard rec. and rushing, and 300 yard passing

QB - eli manning
RB - CJ, Ronnie Brown
Flex - Bradshaw
WR - Fitz, hines ward, Louis Murphy
TE - celek
Def - Texans
K - akers
bench - micheal bush, ricky williams, mcfadden, malcolm floyd, Roy Williams, Mike williams (sea)

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”