Another H2H draft strategy question

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Grey

Re: Another H2H draft strategy question

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 pm

I wouldn't take Kinsler and Rollins on the same team, no. Do you know what place you're drafting at?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 pm

BTW, I don't mean living room or bedroom.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:39 pm

BTW, I don't mean living room or bedroom.
Probably locked in the bedroom, as it happens. That way my wife and kids can't disturb my deep concentration.

No - don't know what spot. It gets 'randomized' about 30 mins before kickoff.

It all depends how it goes, of course, but I'm looking pretty hard at Carlos Lee in the 2nd. Yahoo has him ranked at 26, so I like my chances of getting him wherever I am.
This IS my f**king outlet!

nmdunkel
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby nmdunkel » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:10 am

@Steve

"Where do you take Peavy in a 12-teamer?. Still wait for the 4th or can you justify the end of the 3rd? Doubt he falls there though. Failing that, is it a Beckett/Lackey/Shields type in the 6th or perhaps Bills in the 7th/8th? Then I'd plan to pick off the usual suspects from there..."

I love Peaves......I f-ing LOVE him. That said....I'd NEVER draft him in the 3rd. As a matter of fact....he makes me all scary, injury-wise. Here's why (with video analysis):

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/artic ... -mechanics

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Yeah - by the 3rd, I mean the very end of the 3rd, maybe the last couple of picks in that round.

If he's there in the 4th, I'm all over him like chrome on a towbar.

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm

7. All of which means, that I'm not drafting any hitters for my bench. Drove myself crazy last year trying to decide who to sit/start. The MRs are thus the revolving doors when I need to fill holes on short-schedule days or if I need steals or whatever in a given week.
We got 8 bench spots in this league. I'm looking to use most of 'em for starters to avoid streaming - to start with, anyway.

Gotta be room there for a hitter or two, no? I'm worried about off-days etc

Or is my original thought above the better way to go?

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”