Back from holiday and draftin'

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back from holiday and draftin'

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:46 pm

12-team, c, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF x 3, Util, P x 5, BN x 4. As usual, I treated 3 of the bench spots as RP spots.

Jumped into the 6 spot just after it had started (but before my first pick). Nice to get Reyes at 6, but otherwise the 6 spot sucks dog balls.

Roster as drafted below. Feel like I am lacking one more reliable bat, and reached a bit on Yooouuuuk and Sandoval, but otherwise think it went OK. Don't often take a starting pitcher that early, but did then feel like I could forget about pitching for a bit, keep building the offence and then come back to the Razzball faves that always seem to be there in rounds 10-15.

As always, any and all comments appreciated.

1.6 Jose Reyes SS SteveL
2.19 Carlos Lee OF SteveL
3.30 Prince Fielder 1B SteveL
4.43 Kevin Youkilis 3B SteveL
5.54 Dan Haren SP SteveL
6.67 Bobby Abreu OF SteveL
7.78 Joey Votto Util SteveL
8.91 Jay Bruce OF SteveL
9.102 Ervin Santana SP SteveL
10.115 Jose Valverde RP SteveL
11.126 Matt Cain SP SteveL
12.139 Pablo Sandoval 1B SteveL
13.150 Chris Young SP SteveL
14.163 Rickie Weeks 2B SteveL
15.174 Matt Capps RP SteveL
16.187 Jered Weaver SP SteveL
17.198 Joey Devine RP SteveL
18.211 Cameron Maybin BN SteveL
This IS my f**king outlet!

Grey

Re: Back from holiday and draftin'

Postby Grey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:30 pm

12-team, c, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF x 3, Util, P x 5, BN x 4. As usual, I treated 3 of the bench spots as RP spots.

Jumped into the 6 spot just after it had started (but before my first pick). Nice to get Reyes at 6, but otherwise the 6 spot sucks dog balls.

Roster as drafted below. Feel like I am lacking one more reliable bat, and reached a bit on Yooouuuuk and Sandoval, but otherwise think it went OK. Don't often take a starting pitcher that early, but did then feel like I could forget about pitching for a bit, keep building the offence and then come back to the Razzball faves that always seem to be there in rounds 10-15.

As always, any and all comments appreciated.

1.6 Jose Reyes SS SteveL
2.19 Carlos Lee OF SteveL
3.30 Prince Fielder 1B SteveL
4.43 Kevin Youkilis 3B SteveL
5.54 Dan Haren SP SteveL
6.67 Bobby Abreu OF SteveL
7.78 Joey Votto Util SteveL
8.91 Jay Bruce OF SteveL
9.102 Ervin Santana SP SteveL
10.115 Jose Valverde RP SteveL
11.126 Matt Cain SP SteveL
12.139 Pablo Sandoval 1B SteveL
13.150 Chris Young SP SteveL
14.163 Rickie Weeks 2B SteveL
15.174 Matt Capps RP SteveL
16.187 Jered Weaver SP SteveL
17.198 Joey Devine RP SteveL
18.211 Cameron Maybin BN SteveL
Makes me question your competition when you can get Reyes at six, but this team is rock solid. It's a top three team. Very well done. My only concern would be your team might be a little light on power if Fielder doesn't live up to his girth, but you have tradable parts if it came down to it.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Makes me question your competition when you can get Reyes at six, but this team is rock solid. It's a top three team. Very well done. My only concern would be your team might be a little light on power if Fielder doesn't live up to his girth, but you have tradable parts if it came down to it.
Yeah - there was a bit of funny shizz going on. Started out with about 8 live drafters and fluctuated a bit from there. Computer took Wright at 3, but the door really opened when a human took Grady at 5. Oddly enough, a lot of the computer picks made more sense than some of the human ones. Johan slipped onto the 3rd, BTW. Dude took him right in front of me...

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:15 pm

How can you be so sure these were humans? Do we really know if a guy you're drafting against named Andromeda'sSon is actually of this world? Hmmmmm

Then again, he could be from New Zealand or somewhere like that. Nahhh, prolly not. The alien thing is more likely.
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Some of the picks were a bit otherworldly, that's for damn sure.

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:32 pm

this is crazy. I'm doing another one and this time a human took Wright at 3 and the computer took Grady at 5.

I got Phat Albert at 7.

Jeez.

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm

Wow, the computer must have already penciled in Grady at .320. I heart Grady but it doesn't seem possible that the comp can pick him over Pujols.
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Don't think I'm drafting with a bunch of Razzballers. Will post the team when I'm done.

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”