MDC 12 team 5x5 1-19-09

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
pharmdriz

MDC 12 team 5x5 1-19-09

Postby pharmdriz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

I went into the draft with the intention of not leaving my MI until the end of the draft like I seem to always do this year.
I think I could have used a very reliable arm in place of maybe Kershaw or Baker to give me some reliability.
I sorely misjudged when the RP were going.
I felt good up until I took Ellsbury in the 6th. Am I taking too many OF too early?
Any criticisms are more than appreciated though I do prefer those of the constructive variety. Thanks.
Also, I think Hank was in this draft, but I'm not entirely sure. If he's "hankthetank" on MDC, then that was him. He had a sick draft actually.

C Kelly Shoppach CLE R18 P3
C A.J. Pierzynski CHW R22 P3
1B Ryan Howard PHI R1 P10
CI Mark Teixeira NYY R2 P3
2B Dan Uggla FLA R5 P10
SS Troy Tulowitzki COL R9 P10
MI Mike Aviles KC R12 P3
3B Jorge Cantu FLA R13 P10
OF Matt Kemp LA R3 P10
OF Alex Rios TOR R4 P3
OF Jacoby Ellsbury BOS R6 P3
OF Raul Ibanez PHI R11 P10
OF Xavier Nady NYY R15 P10
UT Cameron Maybin FLA R23 P10
SP Chad Billingsley LA R7 P10
SP John Lackey ANA R8 P3
SP Yovani Gallardo MIL R10 P3
SP Clayton Kershaw LA R16 P3
SP Scott Baker MIN R17 P10
SP Ubaldo Jimenez COL R19 P10
RP Francisco Cordero CIN R14 P3
RP Grant Balfour TB R20 P3
RP Joel Zumaya DET R21 P10

Grey

Re: MDC 12 team 5x5 1-19-09

Postby Grey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 pm

I went into the draft with the intention of not leaving my MI until the end of the draft like I seem to always do this year.
I think I could have used a very reliable arm in place of maybe Kershaw or Baker to give me some reliability.
I sorely misjudged when the RP were going.
I felt good up until I took Ellsbury in the 6th. Am I taking too many OF too early?
Any criticisms are more than appreciated though I do prefer those of the constructive variety. Thanks.
Also, I think Hank was in this draft, but I'm not entirely sure. If he's "hankthetank" on MDC, then that was him. He had a sick draft actually.

C Kelly Shoppach CLE R18 P3
C A.J. Pierzynski CHW R22 P3
1B Ryan Howard PHI R1 P10
CI Mark Teixeira NYY R2 P3
2B Dan Uggla FLA R5 P10
SS Troy Tulowitzki COL R9 P10
MI Mike Aviles KC R12 P3
3B Jorge Cantu FLA R13 P10
OF Matt Kemp LA R3 P10
OF Alex Rios TOR R4 P3
OF Jacoby Ellsbury BOS R6 P3
OF Raul Ibanez PHI R11 P10
OF Xavier Nady NYY R15 P10
UT Cameron Maybin FLA R23 P10
SP Chad Billingsley LA R7 P10
SP John Lackey ANA R8 P3
SP Yovani Gallardo MIL R10 P3
SP Clayton Kershaw LA R16 P3
SP Scott Baker MIN R17 P10
SP Ubaldo Jimenez COL R19 P10
RP Francisco Cordero CIN R14 P3
RP Grant Balfour TB R20 P3
RP Joel Zumaya DET R21 P10
Looks like a pretty solid team. You might want to watch out for Ellsbury. Member the Sawx even benched him in the playoffs. I like him, I'm just saying to be careful. The 6th round is about where he goes, and you needed speed, so it's not awful. Just throwing up a caution flag.

I also like your pitching, but, and this is a small caveat, Billingsley, Lackey, Gallardo and Kershaw all have small warnings on them. Billingsley threw a few too many innings last year, but he's a workhorse and I'm not too worried. Lackey is a bit injury-prone. Gallardo had a pretty bad injury but should be fine and Kershaw's young with lots of BBs. So they can all be all right, but together it's risky.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

pharmdriz

Re: MDC 12 team 5x5 1-19-09

Postby pharmdriz » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:09 am

Looks like a pretty solid team. You might want to watch out for Ellsbury. Member the Sawx even benched him in the playoffs. I like him, I'm just saying to be careful. The 6th round is about where he goes, and you needed speed, so it's not awful. Just throwing up a caution flag.

I also like your pitching, but, and this is a small caveat, Billingsley, Lackey, Gallardo and Kershaw all have small warnings on them. Billingsley threw a few too many innings last year, but he's a workhorse and I'm not too worried. Lackey is a bit injury-prone. Gallardo had a pretty bad injury but should be fine and Kershaw's young with lots of BBs. So they can all be all right, but together it's risky.
Thanks Grey. I really do need to pay more attention to where pitchers that I don't have man crushes on are going because I do tend to have a thing for the slightly risky. Thanks for reaffirming what I was a little hesitant on about putting all my eggs in the injury-prone basket. No reason to take on that much risk when there are almost just as good option minus the unnecessary concerns.

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”