Steve & Hippo's Excellent Adventure

Discuss your mock drafts, your real drafts, what's on draft... Anything to do with drafting is found here.
Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Steve & Hippo's Excellent Adventure

Postby Steve » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Hippo and I are in the same 12-team sloooowwwww mock draft. 21 rounds, usual format except there's just one C and at this stage, no SS. Hopefully this will be rectified. We're midway through the 4th, and we've both had four picks. Hippo (aka Oquendo, Jose) picked second, I picked 12th. Hippo is also treating it like his auction keeper where he has a stud pitching staff already in place. All live drafters but a couple of guys aren't paying full attention. What's happened so far is below. All comments/observations/thoughts welcome!

1.1 Alex Rodriguez 3B reddsoxx
1.2 Hanley Ramirez SS Oquendo, Jose
1.3 Albert Pujols 1B WinterBlues
1.4 David Wright 3B CDubs
1.5 Jose Reyes SS rotoquest
1.6 Mark Teixeira 1B gracelanders
1.7 Grady Sizemore OF dtoyz
1.8 Ryan Braun OF jcollette
1.9 Miguel Cabrera 1B stangnut
1.10 Josh Hamilton OF jouster
1.11 Chase Utley 2B jtbas7
1.12 Ryan Howard 1B SteveL
2.13 Matt Holliday OF SteveL
2.14 Ian Kinsler 2B jtbas7
2.15 Lance Berkman 1B jouster
2.16 Tim Lincecum SP stangnut
2.17 Dustin Pedroia 2B jcollette
2.18 Jimmy Rollins SS dtoyz
2.19 Johan Santana SP gracelanders
2.20 Carlos Beltran OF rotoquest
2.21 Carlos Lee OF CDubs
2.22 Evan Longoria 3B WinterBlues
2.23 Prince Fielder 1B Oquendo, Jose
2.24 CC Sabathia SP reddsoxx
3.25 Manny Ramirez OF reddsoxx
3.26 Adrian Gonzalez 1B Oquendo, Jose
3.27 Alfonso Soriano OF WinterBlues
3.28 Nick Markakis OF CDubs
3.29 Justin Morneau 1B rotoquest
3.30 Brandon Webb SP gracelanders
3.31 Aramis Ramirez 3B dtoyz
3.32 B.J. Upton OF jcollette
3.33 Carl Crawford OF stangnut
3.34 Jake Peavy SP jouster
3.35 Vladimir Guerrero OF jtbas7
3.36 Carlos Quentin OF SteveL
4.37 Matt Kemp OF SteveL
4.38 Jason Bay OF jtbas7
4.39 Brandon Phillips 2B jouster
4.40 Alexis Rios OF stangnut
This IS my f**king outlet!

Grey

Re: Steve & Hippo's Excellent Adventure

Postby Grey » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Hippo and I are in the same 12-team sloooowwwww mock draft. 21 rounds, usual format except there's just one C and at this stage, no SS. Hopefully this will be rectified. We're midway through the 4th, and we've both had four picks. Hippo (aka Oquendo, Jose) picked second, I picked 12th. Hippo is also treating it like his auction keeper where he has a stud pitching staff already in place. All live drafters but a couple of guys aren't paying full attention. What's happened so far is below. All comments/observations/thoughts welcome!

1.1 Alex Rodriguez 3B reddsoxx
1.2 Hanley Ramirez SS Oquendo, Jose
1.3 Albert Pujols 1B WinterBlues
1.4 David Wright 3B CDubs
1.5 Jose Reyes SS rotoquest
1.6 Mark Teixeira 1B gracelanders
1.7 Grady Sizemore OF dtoyz
1.8 Ryan Braun OF jcollette
1.9 Miguel Cabrera 1B stangnut
1.10 Josh Hamilton OF jouster
1.11 Chase Utley 2B jtbas7
1.12 Ryan Howard 1B SteveL
2.13 Matt Holliday OF SteveL
2.14 Ian Kinsler 2B jtbas7
2.15 Lance Berkman 1B jouster
2.16 Tim Lincecum SP stangnut
2.17 Dustin Pedroia 2B jcollette
2.18 Jimmy Rollins SS dtoyz
2.19 Johan Santana SP gracelanders
2.20 Carlos Beltran OF rotoquest
2.21 Carlos Lee OF CDubs
2.22 Evan Longoria 3B WinterBlues
2.23 Prince Fielder 1B Oquendo, Jose
2.24 CC Sabathia SP reddsoxx
3.25 Manny Ramirez OF reddsoxx
3.26 Adrian Gonzalez 1B Oquendo, Jose
3.27 Alfonso Soriano OF WinterBlues
3.28 Nick Markakis OF CDubs
3.29 Justin Morneau 1B rotoquest
3.30 Brandon Webb SP gracelanders
3.31 Aramis Ramirez 3B dtoyz
3.32 B.J. Upton OF jcollette
3.33 Carl Crawford OF stangnut
3.34 Jake Peavy SP jouster
3.35 Vladimir Guerrero OF jtbas7
3.36 Carlos Quentin OF SteveL
4.37 Matt Kemp OF SteveL
4.38 Jason Bay OF jtbas7
4.39 Brandon Phillips 2B jouster
4.40 Alexis Rios OF stangnut
I don't like the Holliday pick, but other than that I think you two guys are doing well. I LOVE the Fielder pick and LOVE the Quentin and Kemp picks. Very nice.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Who would've you preferred to Holliday?

EDIT: Did your comment come after seeing the CHONE projections? Either way, I'm interested to know what you might have done in my position.

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 am

I commented after Holliday was traded to the A's. Back in November, I said Holliday's a third rounder.

The top 20 list is a few short days away. All will be revealed.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Ah yes. Well, I'm getting old and my memory is going.

So who's your #13? I have a suspicion, but I'll keep it to myself...

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:28 pm

This is where we are at mid-way through the 8th. So far, Hippo has scooped me on Youk, but I've scooped him on Quentin, Kemp, Al-Ram and The Flyin' Hawaiian. I was waiting on Votto too...

Pitcher run started towards the end of the 7th - Billingsley and Lackey swiped from under my nose. As always, all comments welcome.
Attachments
hippo_steve_draft.GIF
hippo_steve_draft.GIF (27.44 KiB) Viewed 1687 times

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:47 pm

This is where we are at mid-way through the 8th. So far, Hippo has scooped me on Youk, but I've scooped him on Quentin, Kemp, Al-Ram and The Flyin' Hawaiian. I was waiting on Votto too...

Pitcher run started towards the end of the 7th - Billingsley and Lackey swiped from under my nose. As always, all comments welcome.
Oquendo -- I'm not a fan of Pence that early. Also, your average is going to be hurting unless you do something to rectify it. Youk wasn't enough. BTW, Jermaine Dye called, he wanted to thank you for the early Valentine's Day card. He has strong feelings for you too.

Steve -- Votto would've been nice on your team, but so far I like it. Be nice to get someone that is a solid producer rather than a bit of a risky upside pick like you've taken so far. Ask Hippo, maybe he'll mock trade you Dye. You might need to give him Howard.

Hippo and Dye sitting in a tree...
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Steve
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:56 pm

Votto would've been nice on your team, but so far I like it. Be nice to get someone that is a solid producer rather than a bit of a risky upside pick like you've taken so far.
A Loney type? Or someone safer still? And I know all will be revealed soon, but wouldn't Votto at 60 or 61 been a bit of a reach?

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Someone safer still. Derrek Lee would've actually been a nice pick by you.

It would've been a bit of a reach for Votto, but you have to do what's best for your team. Though he would've been another pick where you're going for upside.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

BigFatHippo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby BigFatHippo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Why do I always end up with this guy Dye? Only cause Ludwick went one pick before.

And no, I'm not trying to make a case for Dye over Braun, gave up crack long ago. :D
Yadier Fielder Utley Reyes Beltre Pena Felipe Sizemore Cruz Ludwick AdamJones
Hamels Bills Shields Wandy Weaver K-Rod Franklin Aardsma Izzy
DL-Webb

10 team Roto

Return to “Fantasy Baseball Drafts Discussion”