Jose Bautista

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
mtw02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Jose Bautista

Postby mtw02 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:32 pm

Time to sell high on him?

Or are we looking at a possible 35/100 kind of guy here? Who is buying this?

I guess the ugly side could be a .250 average.

Grey

Re: Jose Bautista

Postby Grey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 pm

I said to sell him last week, so yeah I don't buy it.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

mtw02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mtw02 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:59 am

And on cue, he laughs at you Grey - 2 more HRs!

Crazy....

jewtangclan03

Postby jewtangclan03 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 am

Of course the problem with Bautista is what can you sell him for. You're probably better off holding the guy unless you get a starting caliber player in return.

I know 2009 Mark Reynolds didn't exactly come out of nowhere like this, but maybe this homer binge continues in a similar way. Considering that we are now 2 months into the season, I don't think Bautista falls off the earth a la Shelton from a few years ago.
11 team roto league, traditional 5X5 categories, 1525 inning max

C d'Arnaud
1B Santana
2B Cano
SS Segura (K)
3B Machado
IF Shaw
OF J.D. Martinez
OF Cruz
OF Rosario
Util C.Taylor
Util M.Taylor
BN A. Rosario
BN T. Anderson
BN H. Ramirez

SP Verlander (K)
SP Wood (K)
SP Greinke
SP Gausman
SP G. Gonzalez
RP Knebel (K)
RP Familia
RP Herrera
RP Rodney
BN Porcello
BN Harvey
BN Matz

Grey

Postby Grey » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:40 am

Bautista's HR/FB is 22%, his career 11%. He might do it for another week, maybe another month, shoot, maybe two months, but at some point regression will set in.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

thepizzaman

Postby thepizzaman » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:13 pm

I'm thinking he pulls a Brandon Inge with the early season power and then incredibly sucks the entire 2nd half

LMack
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby LMack » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:30 pm

My problem believing this guy is that hes sucked for the past 6 years at multiple levels of major league baseball. The only time he's ever had an ISO close to this is a 5 game stint with the Pirates AAA team in 2008. He is what he is, a guy having the streak of his career.

mtw02
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby mtw02 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Everyone knows he'll regress. Pointing it out isn't useful.

The point about what can be had for him is perhaps best....selling high only makes sense relative to what you can get vs. the value of keeping him. Trading difficulty/activity varies from league to league.

Even Grey's argument re: his fly ball rate - will he regress to his norm or somewhere in between? In which case, there is a good shot he'll be a 30+ hr guy. Why sell that? In most leagues this guy is a 4th OF and that's incredible value.

Also working in his favor - he's improved his walks and cut down on his strikeouts. His BABIP is currently below his career average. According to Fangraphs, he showed some of this burst last September (and it continued in spring training). Further I've read about how he's changed his stance - perhaps there is something to this? All this bodes well to 'even' out the insane pace and fears of him falling off a cliff.

Fair/unfair? Am I drunk on the Bautista punch and missing something?

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”