Who should I give up for Hanley Ramirez?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
PadSquad

Who should I give up for Hanley Ramirez?

Postby PadSquad » Mon May 31, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my SS. As you can I see I have Bartlett but he's not doing it for me this year. There is another team in my league that owns Hanley, Jeter and Alex Gonzalez. In my opinion he is in need of pitching help. Here are his starters:

R. Wolf
T. Lilly
Z. Greinke
M. Talbot
D. Fister
Beckett (DL)

My pitching started out dismally but I have since picked up and climbed from the bottom to some decent pitching stats thanks to Hughes and Johnson. With Happ and Bedard making their returns soon I want to make a move. I know I may be jumping the gun but I'd love to package a couple of arms for Hanley. Any thoughts? I thinking maybe Hughes and Peavy ? I know Hughes is my best pitcher right now, but if you look at my line-up I really need another bopper. I am in the top 4 of all offensive categories but I know I'll need some more hitting help soon. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
12 Team Yahoo H2H Standard 5x5

C- Buster Posey
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Starlin Castro
3B- Evan Longaria
SS- Manny Machado
IF- Yonder Alonso
LF- Michael Brantley
CF- Charlie Blackmon
RF- Aaron Judge
OF- Hunter Renfroe
UTIL- Kyle Schwarber
UTIL- Carlos Beltran
BN- Kevin Kiermaier
BN- Brad Miller
BN- AJ Pollock
DL- Freddie Freeman

SP- Masahiro Tanaka
SP- Rick Porcello
SP- Carlos Carrasco
RP- Matt Bush
RP- Mike Clevinger
P- Drew Pomeranz
P- Matt Harvey
P- Taijuan Walker
BN- Dinelson Lamet
BN- Robbie Ray
DL- Cam Bedrosian

Hebrew Hammer

Re: Who should I give up for Hanley Ramirez?

Postby Hebrew Hammer » Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 pm

i would trade Greinke and Kelly Johnson for him. I don't see much of a difference b/t KJ and Jose Lopez from this point forward.

JesseBarfield

Postby JesseBarfield » Mon May 31, 2010 4:34 pm

Tough question to answer but I doubt Hanley comes cheap and I doubt he takes Peavy/Hughes although it makes for an interesting offer. I'd float out an offer to see if he's interested either way.

bravo0919

Postby bravo0919 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:46 pm

dont think you have the pitching firepower to pull off the deal. maybe get jeter instead

PadSquad

Postby PadSquad » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok. So I contacted the owner of Hanley and told him I would possibly offer a couple of starters for Hanely. Well, he then sent an official proposal of:

His- Hanley Ramirez

for

My- Josh Johnson and Brian Fuentes

As of right now I'm currently tied for 2nd place over all in my league 5 pts back. I'm near the top of all OF catagories and just above the middle of the pack in pitching. But if you look at my lineup, I'm convinced I need another big bat for the rest of the year. With the extra roster spot I will gain, I can pick up a serviceable arm from the waiver wire (Pelfry, Ely, Clayton Richard, Wade Davis, Gio Gonzalez, Jason Vargas, and not to mention my DL duo of Bedard and Happ). Sure none of them are JJ but somewhat serviceable. There always seems to be good arms on the wire.

My main concern is Fuentes. He is one of my three closers. I don't mind seeing him go but he is good for saves (bad for ERA). Right now I'm in 5th place with 33 saves. The leader has 46.

What do you think? I'm 50/50 at this moment. I'm being seduced by the thought of Hanley in the middle of my lineup but the last thing I want to do is start losing points in my saves category. Help!
12 Team Yahoo H2H Standard 5x5

C- Buster Posey
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Starlin Castro
3B- Evan Longaria
SS- Manny Machado
IF- Yonder Alonso
LF- Michael Brantley
CF- Charlie Blackmon
RF- Aaron Judge
OF- Hunter Renfroe
UTIL- Kyle Schwarber
UTIL- Carlos Beltran
BN- Kevin Kiermaier
BN- Brad Miller
BN- AJ Pollock
DL- Freddie Freeman

SP- Masahiro Tanaka
SP- Rick Porcello
SP- Carlos Carrasco
RP- Matt Bush
RP- Mike Clevinger
P- Drew Pomeranz
P- Matt Harvey
P- Taijuan Walker
BN- Dinelson Lamet
BN- Robbie Ray
DL- Cam Bedrosian

CGSO

Postby CGSO » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:56 pm

id be more worried about losing your ace then fuentes, you can always find a SAGNOF to replace the saves but its tough to find an ace that you can start game in and game out.

Im also 50/50 but because of JJ... not much help i know

amscalone

Postby amscalone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:30 pm

if i were you, i'd think about offering a lesser pitching combo to get jeter. JJ and Fuentes is not a bad price to pay for Hanley, but it leaves you pretty thin at SP.
10 team 10x10 H2H keep 7, 5 add/drops per week limit
(hitting: r,bb,1b,2b,3b,hr,rbi,sb,k,.avg | pitching: ip,w,l,cg,bb,k,hra,era,whip,sv) Reggie Robying saves, as always

C: Wieters
1b: Cabrera
2b: Phillips
3b: Longoria
SS: Andrus
CI: Fielder
MI: Raburn
OF: CarGo
OF: J Upton
OF: Lind (1b,of)
OF: Stubbs
UTL: Reynolds

Bench: Torres, Snider, Beckham, Pena, Escobar, J. Montero, Utley

SP: Lincecum, Jimenez, Gallardo, Billingsley, Volques, Chacin, E. Jackson, McDonald
RP: Chapman

youngy_03

Postby youngy_03 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:21 am

JJ and fuentes for a 1st rounder? TOP 5 PLAYER? BEST SS IN THE GAME?

ACCEPT THAT. Are you guys serious saying dont accept? REALLY? This is Hanley Ramirez for a SP and RP that aren't named halladay, ubaldo, or Lincecum.....

You SHOULD be able to take that deal and then flip Hanley for something like CC and Andrus if you wanted, HANLEY is worth much more than JJ and Fuentes. There will be some pitching emerge, watch the wire....

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”