A trade I have to do?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

A trade I have to do?

Postby AdmiralTrey » Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 pm

This is a league in which I'm first in 4/5 offensive categories (And 2nd in the other) and I'm dead last in ERA/WHIP and 2nd to last in Wins and K's.

The trade is Adam Jones and Josh Johnson for my Nelson Cruz and Jhoulys Chacin. We've been offering stuff back and forth for a while, and he just offered me the aforementioned deal.

Team:
Pablo Sandyvag
Yahoo 5x5 Standard Roto

C - Kurt Suzuki
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Nelson Cruz
UTL - Adrian Gonzalez
UTL - Stephen Drew
Bench - Andre Ethier, Rajai Davis, Adrian Beltre

SP - Tim Hudson, John Ely, Tom Gorzelanny, C.J. Wilson, Jhoulys Chacin, Jon Garland
RP - Ryan Franklin, Billy Wagner, Matt Capps, Chad Qualls

Am I right to be absolutely excited given the fact that Cruz's hammy might be in trouble (And I have Ethier to replace him, anyway...) and Adam Jones is hitting .292 in May while gaining an ace which I so desperately need?
Am I wrong to selfishly not want to trade Nelson Cruz because he's awesome?

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

SwaggerJackers
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: A trade I have to do?

Postby SwaggerJackers » Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 pm

This is a league in which I'm first in 4/5 offensive categories (And 2nd in the other) and I'm dead last in ERA/WHIP and 2nd to last in Wins and K's.

The trade is Adam Jones and Josh Johnson for my Nelson Cruz and Jhoulys Chacin. We've been offering stuff back and forth for a while, and he just offered me the aforementioned deal.

Team:
Pablo Sandyvag
Yahoo 5x5 Standard Roto

C - Kurt Suzuki
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Robinson Cano
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF - Justin Upton
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Nelson Cruz
UTL - Adrian Gonzalez
UTL - Stephen Drew
Bench - Andre Ethier, Rajai Davis, Adrian Beltre

SP - Tim Hudson, John Ely, Tom Gorzelanny, C.J. Wilson, Jhoulys Chacin, Jon Garland
RP - Ryan Franklin, Billy Wagner, Matt Capps, Chad Qualls

Am I right to be absolutely excited given the fact that Cruz's hammy might be in trouble (And I have Ethier to replace him, anyway...) and Adam Jones is hitting .292 in May while gaining an ace which I so desperately need?
Am I wrong to selfishly not want to trade Nelson Cruz because he's awesome?
It doesn't look like your team has any room to play Adam Jones. Especially if Ethier is back next week.
10 Team Auction Roto, 5 Keepers
Batting: HR, OBP, R, RBI, SB
Pitching: WHIP, ERA, K, SV, QS

C:
1B:
2B: Cano ($21)
3B:
SS:
2B/SS:
1B/3B:
OF: Bautista ($10), Gomez ($11), Myers ($4)
UTIL:
Bench:
DL:

SP: Jo-Fer ($4)
RP:
Bench:
DL:

jumphook14

Postby jumphook14 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 pm

I agree and would try for a more workable deal.
roto redux founders league 12-team mixed 5x5 rotisserie non-keeper
C mccann/kendall 1B loney 2B kinsler 3B rolen SS a.gonz CI callaspo MI y.escobar OF kemp/werth/g.jones/fuku/gomes UT furcal BN l.scott DL kendry
SP wainwright/cain RP rivera/papelbon P k.rod/clippard/romero/billingsley/strasburg BN c.lewis/lackey/braden/happ

yahoo! public H2H 520690
C napoli 1B m.cabrera 2B kendrick 3B beltre SS jeter OF ethier/bay/hamilton UT fielder/abreu BN ellsbury/j.lopez
SP greinke/lee RP bell/clippard P jenks/rauch/price/burnett BN j.garcia/latos/correia DL street

wynams

Postby wynams » Fri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

Cruz may be landing on the DL himself. I would do this trade ... Josh is the help you need.
12 Team Mixed, H2H Points, Keeper - 2x[DL]
C- JMontero
1B- Votto
2B- Rutledge
3B- Frazier
SS- Lowrie
CI- Encarnacion
MI- Segura
OF- Choo
OF- JUpton
OF- Bourn
OF- Rasmus
OF- Moss
U- Kinsler

SPs: Darvish, Price, Lester, Bailey, Niese, Cahill, Lincecum, Teheran, Nova
RPs: Rodney, Parnell, Perkins, Mujica

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Fri May 28, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, Adam Jones I don't really care about at all. If anything, I can flip him later in the year if he continues playing well, which is what I'd be hoping to do. My only concern is that if you double Chacin's starts, he's got numbers comparable to Josh Johnson...

I might keep trying to work something out with him, but if Cruz goes on the DL that's going to be tough to do, which is why it feels like a trade I have to do right now.

Would Cruz for Johnson straight up be better?

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”