My backwards team

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
strikeone
Sponsor
Sponsor

My backwards team

Postby strikeone » Thu May 13, 2010 12:06 am

Team is in signature. I went into the draft with a strategy straight from the Grey playbook - focus on hitters early and overwhelm with lots of strikeout starters. After putting together what I thought was going to be an explosive offense, my team is dead last in average and stolen bases and bottom 3 in runs, and RBIs. By contrast, my collection of starting pitchers which I consider VERY motley, is somehow carrying me. I'm first in wins and strikeouts, middle of the pack in saves and ratios.

I have had some bad luck in the injury department and I've lost Miguel Montero, Jorge De La Rosa and Curtis Granderson (DL) to injury but I hardly think that can be blamed for my offensive woes.

I've looked it up and down and I don't really know what to think. Is my team going to be better offensively or do I need to move one of my 1B for something else?

Suggestions?

chlenko

Re: My backwards team

Postby chlenko » Thu May 13, 2010 3:15 am

In my opinion, your SS, 3B, and OF are pretty weak for a 12 team league. I would try to move one of your 1Bs to improve those spots.
14 team Dynasty league - '09/10/11/15 champ
C - Realmuto
1B - Olson
2B - Merrifield
3B - Donaldson
SS - Bogaerts
MI - Lindor
CI - G.Cooper
OF - Marte, E.Rosario, Castellanos, Buxton, Kipnis
UTIL - Dozier
BN - T.Shaw
DL - McCutchen, B.Rdogers
SP - DeGrom, Flaherty, Montas, Gibson, Anibal Sanchez, Miley
RP - Yates, Giles, Treinen, Hendricks, Robles, Buttrey
DL - Hill, Gausman
R-1B-2B-HR-RBI-SB-BB-K-AVG-OPS
W-L-QS-SV-K-ERA-WHIP-K/BB

jewtangclan03

Re: My backwards team

Postby jewtangclan03 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:53 am

Steals are an obvious weakness, especially with Grandy out. The Rs and RBIs, on the other hand, should be there. As Grey would (might?) say, batting average is rather fluky so it might not be something you'd want to trade for.

Are there any SS on waivers that steal more than Cabrera? Maybe you could buy low on Rollins or something, or try to trade package A Gon in a deal for a guy that could get you some Runs/BA/SBs-- somebody in the Pedroia mold.
11 team roto league, traditional 5X5 categories, 1525 inning max

C d'Arnaud
1B Santana
2B Cano
SS Segura (K)
3B Machado
IF Shaw
OF J.D. Martinez
OF Cruz
OF Rosario
Util C.Taylor
Util M.Taylor