LOGIN

Greatings once again everyone.  It is I, Sky from Razzball fantasy football to try and mess up your 2013 fantasy baseball season before it even starts.  Wait, I’m here to help…yeah, that’s it.  Before you scoff at seeing Dan Uggla, I would like to let you know I’ve come from the future and I’ve seen some amazing things.  In this far off dystopian future, I see people drafting Uggla within the first 5 rounds of the draft and being forever butthurt about it for years to come.  And in this same macabre, twisted forthcoming destiny I see Aaron Hill being the second best second baseman (say that 20 times fast) on the season when he went undrafted in most leagues.  Behold, my tool from which I foretold the future: The Razzball Fantasy Baseball Player Rater!  *Reads email from Grey*  Well this is awkward.  I’ve just been informed that link guides us back to 2012 information which is only the future if you went into a coma in 2011 and just came out of it.  Now you are going to ask ‘What was the point of this nonsensical romp into the cavernous wastelands of your imagination, Sky?’  You see, I’m here to tell a tale of possible ADP redemption that has already once been told by looking back at our dear sweet FA darling Hill to gauge just whether or not Uggla is a bargain for 2013 fantasy baseball.  To the stat-mobile!

The best way to talk about Uggla for 2013 is to not talk about Uggla for 2013.  Rather, let’s talk about Hill from 2009 on.  Yeah, that makes sense.  Aaron Hill had an out of nowhere season in 2009: 36 HRs (doubling his previous career high of 17), 108 RBIs and 103 runs to go with a .286 average.  He followed it up with a .205 average, 26 HRs and plenty of newfound emo kids as his owners started cutting themselves just to feel something again.  Flashforward to a 2011 trade to the D-backs, Hill started to right the ship in the second half and rounded it out with a 2012 season that ended up being the second best season of his career.  All this to say, I can’t show you any real stats that explains how or why Hill righted the ship and I’m not going to pretend to do that with Uggla.  I’d be lying if I said any different.  However, has a guy like Hill really earned that much more trust to the tune of over 100 draft spots difference?  You know, the guy with an 84/11/77/8 slash line per 162 games to go with a .272 career average.  Me personally, I’ll take the 99/31/92/3 line with a career .253 average instead and I’ll do it much later.  In conclusion, I understand your fears Razzball readers.  Dan has seemingly fallen off the map.  But for what you have to pay for him, drafting this Uggla duckling might gain you a beautiful swan of Natalie Portman proportions.  Minus the messy transformation part…I hope.