LOGIN

We realize that exporting our views across the country has damaging consequences on the blogosphere.

To help remedy this, we will try to occasionally feature locally blogged advice/insights/humor/etc. that will be fresher, more sustainable, and require less energy consumption (for us anyway).

Send tips to [email protected]. Enjoy…

Cardinals Diaspora and GoatRiders of the Apocalypse – As an East Coaster, I can sometimes fall into the trap that the Yanks-Sawx is an unparalleled rivalry. Check out these Cardinals and Cubs links to get a flavor of one of baseball’s best rivalries…

RoyalsReview – This is an awesome reply to the backhanded reaction that traditional media folks give sports bloggers. Quick note to those who write for newspapers – you are still valued. If you have great insights, are interesting to read, don’t just regurgitate game summaries, you’ll be read (increasingly online, though). But some readers might prefer speed, some might prefer cheekiness, some might prefer a biased opinion, some might prefer a platform where the same writer also engages the readers and answers questions – thus making them accountable for the opinions they spew. Get used to it…

The Good Phight – Advice to Charlie Manuel on how to handle the Victorino – Werth – Jenkins trio. Seems logical to me. While Victorino is the only relevant mixed-league fantasy play, I agree with the Phight that he isn’t built for everyday play. An 130 game pace is best for the Flyin’ Hawaiian.

Red Reporter – I’ve got to think a lot of Reds fan are thinking the same thing right now about Josh Hamilton.

The Mockingbird – Good news for AJ Burnett fans. His fingernail and curve ball are back. Buy!