Go for it?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
EthanRoto

Go for it?

Postby EthanRoto » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:42 pm

I'm in a 12 team, 5x5 (Ks and batting average), keeper league for up to 3 years, where every player kept increases salary by $5 per season kept (e.g., $1 can be kept up to 3 years, so $6, $11, $16 if kept for three years - or if I kept Trout for one year it would be for $51). If we leave minor leaguers down, they don't count against our keeper total in the following year, so I might avoid promoting Kelenic even if he's recalled. We have weekly FAAB/waiver pickups, as well.

I'm currently in 1st place, and we are going to have an official season and crown a champ if we hit 40 MLB games (which we'll debate if most teams have and the Cards are still stuck at 12 games, LOL). While I have a double-digit lead right now on the next team, I have seen things fall apart in the past. I lost Eduardo Rodriguez already, and Eovaldi melted down last night, so I might need some reinforcement there - but Chirinos may be due back next week, Kela is off the IL, and just picked up Gonsolin this weekend.

I have the chance to trade for Trea Turner and/or Charlie Morton, and am being asked for Gregory Polanco and/or Dominic Smith. We have transactions on Mondays (Mon-Thu) and Fridays (Fri-Sun) as the one change for Covid-19 realities, so we can manage our pitching staff to maximize starts and then have relievers in during off days. I do like both of those guys as keepers, since D.Smith is hitting a homer a day, and I feel like with another year to recover, Polanco could be a very solid to very good player next year. Is it worth doing the deal on the "flags fly forever" theory, or should I just manage this sprint as best I can and see what happens on my own?

Thanks!

~DBW

1B DomSmith NYM (F 1)
2B CHernandez Cle (F 1)
SS DSwanson Atl (A 1)
3B MMachado SD (A 24)
OF CYelich Mil (1 44)
OF MTrout LAA (A 46)
OF MCanha Oak (A 5)
OF AVerdugo Bos (A 7)
OF APollock LAD (F 7)
C SMurphy Oak (A 4)
C SPerez KC (1 6)
UT VReyes Det (F 1)
CI JCronenworth SD (F 1)
MI CSeager LAD (A 11)
P DLamet SD (1 7)
P KMaeda Min (1 6)
P JLuzardo Oak (1 6)
P GGallegos StL (A 7)
P DHudson Was (A 1)
P RStripling LAD (F 12)
P ZBritton NYY (F 13)
P TRosenthal KC (F 5)
P TGonsolin LAD (F 1)

Reserves...

2B JMcNeil NYM (1 6)
OF #JKelenic Sea (M 3)
OF #AKirilloff Min (M 2)
OF GPolanco Pit (F 1)
CI JVotto Cin (A 4)
P KKela Pit (A 8)
P NEovaldi Bos (A 4)
P #MGore SD (M 1)
P *YChirinos TB (F 1)
P DPeterson NYM (F 1)

Grey

Re: Go for it?

Postby Grey » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:14 am

Trea Turner and Morton for Polanco and Dom? That's a slam dunk -- even without Morton it's not close
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”