Get JD Martinez, Give Rhys Hoskins?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
EthanRoto

Get JD Martinez, Give Rhys Hoskins?

Postby EthanRoto » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:33 am

I'm in a 12 team, competitive, 5x5 (OBP) auction keeper (keep 6) league, with in-season cap of $310, and $100 in FAAB. I'm in the running, and a dump trader is looking to move JD Martinez.

I've got:

C - Grandal, Mesoraco
1B/3B/CI - Goldy, Beltre, Encarnacion (Bench: Aguilar, Gurriel)
2B/SS/MI - Albies, Simmons, Kipnis (bench: Addison Russell)
OF - Cain, Gardner, Dustin Fowler, Leonys Martin, Gorkys Hernandez (DL: Hoskins, Cespedes)
UT- Matt Olson
SP - Carlos Martinez, Paxton, Cole, Richards, Happ, Ross Stripling, Marco Gonzales (bench: Pomeranz)
RP - Cody Allen, Morrow, Kela

I'm solid mid-to-top-of-pack in HR, Runs, and OBP, and could use some help in RBIs and SB.

I have Hoskins on a 3-year deal, so next year would be at $11 and the following at $16. JD Martinez is in his final year at $17.

Two questions:

1. Pull the trigger on the other owner's proposal for me to include Hoskins and Aguilar ($1) (obviously have more 1B than I can ever hope to start, but is that overpaying too much and an asset I could move in a different trade)? He's offered Nick Kingham ($5) in his initial 2-for-2 offer.

2. Say that it's too much, and counter on a straight-up deal to get JD Martinez to get after it this year, and give up Hoskins and his long-term potential/additional 2 affordable years (assuming he finds his form)?

Don't want to artificially value Aguilar and lose sight of the bigger picture. Thoughts?

~Ethan

Grey

Re: Get JD Martinez, Give Rhys Hoskins?

Postby Grey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:43 am

I'm in a 12 team, competitive, 5x5 (OBP) auction keeper (keep 6) league, with in-season cap of $310, and $100 in FAAB. I'm in the running, and a dump trader is looking to move JD Martinez.

I've got:

C - Grandal, Mesoraco
1B/3B/CI - Goldy, Beltre, Encarnacion (Bench: Aguilar, Gurriel)
2B/SS/MI - Albies, Simmons, Kipnis (bench: Addison Russell)
OF - Cain, Gardner, Dustin Fowler, Leonys Martin, Gorkys Hernandez (DL: Hoskins, Cespedes)
UT- Matt Olson
SP - Carlos Martinez, Paxton, Cole, Richards, Happ, Ross Stripling, Marco Gonzales (bench: Pomeranz)
RP - Cody Allen, Morrow, Kela

I'm solid mid-to-top-of-pack in HR, Runs, and OBP, and could use some help in RBIs and SB.

I have Hoskins on a 3-year deal, so next year would be at $11 and the following at $16. JD Martinez is in his final year at $17.

Two questions:

1. Pull the trigger on the other owner's proposal for me to include Hoskins and Aguilar ($1) (obviously have more 1B than I can ever hope to start, but is that overpaying too much and an asset I could move in a different trade)? He's offered Nick Kingham ($5) in his initial 2-for-2 offer.

2. Say that it's too much, and counter on a straight-up deal to get JD Martinez to get after it this year, and give up Hoskins and his long-term potential/additional 2 affordable years (assuming he finds his form)?

Don't want to artificially value Aguilar and lose sight of the bigger picture. Thoughts?

~Ethan
2 should be enough, but would do 1 if won't go for 2
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

EthanRoto

Re: Get JD Martinez, Give Rhys Hoskins?

Postby EthanRoto » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the reality check - was able to swing it as a 1-for-1, but agree that the bigger trade would have made sense too.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”