Teheran for Wong

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
phillyrulez04

Teheran for Wong

Postby phillyrulez04 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:44 am

12 team H2H 5x5 keeper league with 5 keepers.

My 5 are:
Goldschmidt - 9th round (last year)
Carlos Gomez - 5th round (2nd of 3 years)
Anthony Rendon - 16th round (1st of 3 years)
Jorge Soler - 10th round (1st of 3 years)
Julio Teheran - 19th round (2nd of 3 years)

Someone just put Kolten Wong on the block. He's an 18th round keeper in his 1st year. The guy is asking for a pitcher in return. I wouldn't be crazy to offer Teheran & like a 8th round pick for Wong & a 12th round pick or something, would I? Or would you try to do it straight up?

Grey

Re: Teheran for Wong

Postby Grey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am

I'd want Wong
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Chalupacabras

Postby Chalupacabras » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:34 pm

There's a lot of love for Wong around here.

phillyrulez04

Postby phillyrulez04 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:08 am

Ok, so I made the trade and now have Goldschmidt (9th round), Wong (18th round), Rendon (16th round), Gomez (5th round) & Soler (10th round) as my keepers. Not a bad start. But I need to devise a strategy.

It's a standard 5x5 head to head league. Would it be a good strategy to load up on offense & closers/high end MRs and try to win all 5 offensive stats, saves and maybe Ks every week? There's a 25 IP minimum so I'll have to steam at least a starter or two each week.

Top top 6 available guys are Stanton, McCutch, Miggy, Adam Jones, Cano & Kershaw. My first 2 picks are 5 & 22. If Kershaw is there, do I take him and then only take hitters and closers for a while? Or would you take the best hitter available and then take someone like Greinke or Hamels with my #22 pick? I'm not sure which hitters will be there at 22 until I know everyone elses keepers.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”