Greinke's Worth

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
wudaben
Sponsor
Sponsor

Greinke's Worth

Postby wudaben » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:33 am

I've got another owner trying to pry Reyes off of me and the talk of Reyes vs. Greinke has come up but he wants someone back in return. I'm lovin me the Zo right now and since he's stuck getting regular playing time for the rest of the year I'm fairly comfortable dealing Reyes for the right price. My team has been killing me all year long with pitching and now I'm just trotting Slowey, Shields, Cueto & Kershaw out there every week and the possibility of adding Greinke is pretty enticing.

Would you give Reyes for him and if so what other pitcher would you give back in return? Really just trying to assess worth here.
12 Team H2H Points Weekly Lineups:
Hitting Scoring: HR: 4 SB: 2 1B: 1 2B: 2 3B: 3 BB: 1 R: 1
Pitching Scoring: Win: 10 Loss: -5 Inn: 3 K: 1 ER: -2 Hits: -1 BBI: -1 Save: 8 BS: -3 CG: 5 SO: 5 No Hitter: 5 Perfect Game: 10

nmdunkel
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Greinke's Worth

Postby nmdunkel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:01 pm

He's trying to lowball you. Reyes (by himself) is worth more than Grienke. Stand firm and shop him around. Someone like Javier Vazquez would be a good addition (and cheaper) on that staff, btw.

wudaben
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby wudaben » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I realize that but since Reyes has been a dog plus my pitching needs I feel the need to think about it. Our points are skewed a bit towards pitchers and since we're an auction league guys like Johan, CC, Halladay & Linecum went for similar dollar values as guys like Hanley and Reyes. Greinke on the other hand was bought for around $20 compared to Reyes's $75 but if the draft were held today those numbers would undoubtedly be much closer...
Pitching Scoring: Win: 10 Loss: -5 Inn: 3 K: 1 ER: -2 Hits: -1 BBI: -1 Save: 8 BS: -3 CG: 5 SO: 5 No Hitter: 5 Perfect Game: 10

nmdunkel
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby nmdunkel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Ok, gotcha, that makes more sense (since you're in an auction league). But still think you're dealing him when his value is the lowest it's gonna be and you're losing $55 plus whatever you paid for the other pitcher you're giving him. You'll be basically downgrading at SS (Zob's ain't no Reyes, even assuming he keeps his playing time and health a full season), and although you're upgrading at SP, you're also losing the numbers of the other pitcher you're juicing the deal with.

Reyes for Grienke straight-up would be best for you if you're gonna do it.

Good luck, bro.

wudaben
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby wudaben » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Thanks for the rational thoughts... it always helps to hear someone else say it. Personally even though I think Reyes is worth more it doesn't seem all that bad straight up but I agree if the throw in player was anything more than waiver fodder it wouldn't be worth it.

On a side note... this same guy also has Vasquez, Lilly & Cain and said he'd trade me Lilly for Zobrist straight up or Vasquez for Zobrist+Sweetener. The Vasquez option seems interesting...looking at my roster I'd probably have to give a pitcher in return and my only real serviceable option would be Floyd. Would you do Vasquez for Zobrist & Floyd?

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”