Billingsley

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
marcheese

Billingsley

Postby marcheese » Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 am

So the guy with Billingsley is holding a fire sale, and Billingsley is one of the players on the block. He offered up a pretty ugly first offer of Nick Johnson and Billingsley for Howard... Terrible. Anyways, I'm looking for a bit of help for a counter offer that seems fair (if I can muster one up with my roster). Here's his roster:

C - Pierzynski
C - Olivo
1B - Nick Johnson
2B - Barmes
3B - Longoria
SS - Tulowitzki
CI - Kotchman
MI - Tejada
LF - Dukes
CF - Cameron
RF - Markakis
OF - LaPorta
OF - Spilborghs
Util - Francisco
DL - Posada
DL - Encarnacion
DL - Gordon

SP - Billingsley
SP - Cain
SP - Lilly
SP - Wandy Rodriguez
SP - De La Rosa
RP - Nathan
RP - Gregg
RP - Marmol
RP - Arredondo

I'm not sure if a deal can be completed with our rosters but I'd like to try something to get Bills. I figure maybe something like a Billingsley/Tulo or Billingsley/Encarnacion. Anything off the top of your heads that stand out? Thanks.

Grey

Re: Billingsley

Postby Grey » Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 am

So the guy with Billingsley is holding a fire sale, and Billingsley is one of the players on the block. He offered up a pretty ugly first offer of Nick Johnson and Billingsley for Howard... Terrible. Anyways, I'm looking for a bit of help for a counter offer that seems fair (if I can muster one up with my roster). Here's his roster:

C - Pierzynski
C - Olivo
1B - Nick Johnson
2B - Barmes
3B - Longoria
SS - Tulowitzki
CI - Kotchman
MI - Tejada
LF - Dukes
CF - Cameron
RF - Markakis
OF - LaPorta
OF - Spilborghs
Util - Francisco
DL - Posada
DL - Encarnacion
DL - Gordon

SP - Billingsley
SP - Cain
SP - Lilly
SP - Wandy Rodriguez
SP - De La Rosa
RP - Nathan
RP - Gregg
RP - Marmol
RP - Arredondo

I'm not sure if a deal can be completed with our rosters but I'd like to try something to get Bills. I figure maybe something like a Billingsley/Tulo or Billingsley/Encarnacion. Anything off the top of your heads that stand out? Thanks.
Bills and Barmes for Brandon Phillps?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

marcheese

Postby marcheese » Tue May 26, 2009 1:44 pm

You think that's really a good deal for me? Are you just worried about Phillips injury? I'd have to get rid of a pitcher, and dropping Baker/Volstad in a 16 teamer makes no sense. So I'd have to send Baker or Volstad in the deal as well. So we're probably looking at Baker and Phillips for Bills and Barmes. Still worth it for me, or should I do Bills and Tejada?

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue May 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Phillips isn't going to be good for a month or two is my guess. Baker and Phillips isn't great though.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

marcheese

Postby marcheese » Tue May 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Not really sure I understand the "Baker and Phillips isn't great though" part of that.

Bills and Tejada/Barmes for Phillips and Baker

Are you saying that's too much, not enough, they're not great? Sorry, just a little confused!

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue May 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Not really sure I understand the "Baker and Phillips isn't great though" part of that.

Bills and Tejada/Barmes for Phillips and Baker

Are you saying that's too much, not enough, they're not great? Sorry, just a little confused!
Sorry... I'd go for Bills and Tejada over Phillips and Baker.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

marcheese

Postby marcheese » Tue May 26, 2009 4:44 pm

He said he wants nothing to do with Phillips thumb. He countered
Nick Johnson, Edwin Encarnacion and Bills for Howard and Baker
I don't think it's good for me. What do you think? Should I counter with Phillips and Baker for Bills and Barmes?

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue May 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Yeah, I'd go with Barmes.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

marcheese

Postby marcheese » Sun May 31, 2009 5:36 pm

My recent deal for Sizemore has freed up one SP slot for me. Should I do Phillips for Billingsley straight up? You were scared before with Phillips injury, but 3 for 8 with 2 homer this weekend basically shows no sign of lingering pain (for now at least).

Grey

Postby Grey » Sun May 31, 2009 5:48 pm

You don't need Bills for Phillips.
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”