Need Quick Advice

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
houstonastros8538

Need Quick Advice

Postby houstonastros8538 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:06 am

Big-time trade right before the season:

I'll get:
Ryan Braun
Zach Greinke

I'm shipping:
Bryce Harper
Paul Goldschmidt

It kills me to lose Harper and Goldy because I have a man-crush on both, but I can't say no to Braun. BTW, I'm going with a RP with some SP strategy (i.e. try to win ERA, SV and WHIP every week and punt W and K). I already have Zimmerman and the minimum IP is 13 innings, so I'll likely just trade away Greinke or Zimmerman afterwards.

Your thoughts?!
:?

BluePulaski

Re: Need Quick Advice

Postby BluePulaski » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:23 am

If keeper league...no.

If seasonal league...yes...but it depends on a few things.

Each player has some risk...Harper and Goldie because of their youth...but upside is tremendous for both...Braun because of the PED scanda (though I think he'll be OK, but one never knows) and Greinke because of possible elbow probs (I think he'll be OK) but also because I think he's a little over-valued.

I might change my answer depending on what your whole team makeup is but I likely would not. If you are covered in pitching and can get an elite bat for Greinke in a trade then definitely consider it.

Who are your other OFs and your 1B to replace Goldie?

houstonastros8538

Postby houstonastros8538 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:26 am

My team is attached. 10-team league, Head-to-Head, 1 win per week. 10 categories with Net Saves instead of Saves and OPS instead of AVG.
Attachments
HoustonAstros8538.jpg
HoustonAstros8538.jpg (72.93 KiB) Viewed 547 times

houstonastros8538

Postby houstonastros8538 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:30 am

I also might be able to snag Scherzer instead of Greinke, which I'd prefer, though Grey wouldn't. The opposing side is more willing to let go of Greinke, though.

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 am

Well greinke may trade for a bigger bat. If you think bat you get for greinke + Braun is better than harper + goldschmidt then accept

Brownie19

Postby Brownie19 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:05 am

in a 10 team league - always get the best player.

thoughts?

http://razzball.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 58#p113858
12Team 1yr 5x5 Roto
C-Jaso($1)
1st-Fielder ($38)
2nd-Weeks ($9)
SS-Zobrost ($15)
3rd-Moustakes ($6)
MI-M.Young ($3)
CI-Goldschmidt ($25)
OF-J.Upton ($35)
OF-Cain (FA)
OF-A.Gordon ($15)
OF-Pence ($7)
OF-Victorino (Trade)
Util-Rizzo ($14)
B-Maybin ($2), C.Carter ($1), Dido (FA), Bourjos (FA), Cespedes ($27), Ackley (FA)

SP-Price (trade), Medlen ($13)
RP-Balfour ($2), Frieri ($3)
P- R.Cook ($1), Buchholz (FA), Russell (FA), Mujica (FA)
B-Samardzija ($9), Minor ($6), H.Bailey ($3), Beachy (DL)

BluePulaski

Postby BluePulaski » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:04 pm

You have too many hitters that are taking up space (and air) on your bench.

I would make the deal and get Braun/Greinke. Let's assume you make the deal for the rest of the analysis.

I'd drop Rutledge immediately...you have Espinosa. If you are higher on Rutledge, then drop Espinosa.

I wouldn't be carrying any bench hitters unless absolutely necessary. I would consider dropping Frazier but if you can make any 2for1 deals now, then do it...and yes...always get the best player in the deal.

With the deal above, Braun is the best player by far (esp. in seasonal league).

I would be offering any combination of Frazier/Victorino/Ike to get a guy that might be undervalued...maybe a Matt Holliday? Maybe Victorino/Frazier for a Matt Holliday, Choo (God bless you), Sherzer???, Allen Craig, ...who knows...get a top 100 guy for 2 guys that are out of the top 100.

Go after Salvador Perez??? Lucroy/Ike for Perez, Wieters, VicMart...upgrade there...then dump McCann when he comes on the DL (assuming the guy you get is no injured and doing OK)

Make some 2for1 deals...get the best player out of the (2+1=)3...make an offer that someone might have a hard time in refusing.

What starting pitchers do you have on the wire...there are likely some that should not be there...

I`m assuming holds is a stat in your league...Wins...Ks...you have way too many hitters that are wasting space...you need to scoop up any value now...the only reason you need to try to trade the likes of Frazier and Victorino is that if you drop them for nothing, they might be picked up to fill holes in another guy`s lineup...whereas you can approach the other guy with any possible value.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”