Help Please!

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
benchland

Help Please!

Postby benchland » Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 pm

My ERA and WHIP is F*&ked this year. I need roughly 30 straight scoreless IP to gain 1 point in ERA or WHIP in my league at this stage. I can gain 9 points in pitching categories by streaming, which two other teams have elected to do already. I can add another ~ 30 points in hitting categories with some avg help, more R's and RBI's. I'm near the top in HR (tied for second and the guy who I want to get Braun from is 1st) and SB.

The big question I have is, do I offer Lester and Pence for Braun? Braun is a 5th round keeper in a 16 team league next year. If I'm streaming SP, will this help me accomplish my needs?

Of note, I have acquired Lind, Cano, Pence, Ortiz and Lester via trade in the past two weeks for R Martin, G Sanchez(hurts with his recent performance and Lind not playing!), Uggla, Hammels, Abreu and Valverde.

I think I have upgraded my team through trades but am always curious for any other input or advice on trade thoughts. Or should I sit tight for a bit and hope my SP can rally and live up to their potential?

Thanks in advance!
Standard 5x5 roto, 16 team (3) keeper, 10 Hitting and 8 Pitching active players, 4 reserve, 1 DL.

C: Zunino
1B: Encarnacion
2B: McNeil
SS: Bregman
3B: Profar
OF: Harper, Betts, Inciarte, D Santana
U: E Escobar, Palka

SP: G Marquez, Folty, Lucchesi, Ryu, Matz, C Anderson, Wacha, Cahill
RP: Greene, Holland, Bradley

harrisonobeid

Re: Help Please!

Postby harrisonobeid » Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I don't think it's awful, especially considering the way Braun has hit. If you're streaming pitching, I guess it makes more sense. I like the guys you have on that team aside from Lester as well. I'm not sure if you read Grey's last post about FIP, but you have a couple of guys on that pitching staff that have underperformed.

benchland

Postby benchland » Thu May 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I did read his post and picked up Narveson again after he kicked me in the nuts earlier this year. Will I hold on to him? Not likely but he has two great matchups on the way.

Streaming will help as I'm not far behind on the W and K totals.

Pence has killed me in R's due to the jack asses surrounding him and the 13 R differential between he and Braun is 5 points in my league at this stage...
Standard 5x5 roto, 16 team (3) keeper, 10 Hitting and 8 Pitching active players, 4 reserve, 1 DL.

C: Zunino
1B: Encarnacion
2B: McNeil
SS: Bregman
3B: Profar
OF: Harper, Betts, Inciarte, D Santana
U: E Escobar, Palka

SP: G Marquez, Folty, Lucchesi, Ryu, Matz, C Anderson, Wacha, Cahill
RP: Greene, Holland, Bradley

Bourne

Postby Bourne » Fri May 13, 2011 5:24 am

Good luck, Braun is hard to get in a trade. I wouldn't move him if I had him in most situations.
RCL Cracking the Whip: (5x5 ESPN roto)
C: Weiters
1B,3B,CI: Encarnacion, Wright, Alanso
2B,SS,MI: Getz, Kozma, Uggla
5xOF: Kemp, Holliday, Hunter, Soriano, Crisp
1xUtil: Markakis
Bn: Hill, Aybar
DL: Hart
SP: MadBum, Zimmermann, Morrow, Annibal Sanchez, Lynn, Anderson
RP: League, Parnell, Benoit, Hernandez

12 team F&F: (6x6 Yahoo! H2H with OPS and Losses)
C: Cervelli
1B,3B,CI: Gold, Zimmerman, Frazier
2B,SS,MI: Phillips, Ruthledge, Bonifacio
4xOF: Braun, Hamilton, Cruz, Hunter
2xUtil: Chris Davis, Span
SP: Latos, Moore, Zimmermann, Niese, Milone, Griffin, Miller, Cingrani, ~Streamer~
RP: Holland, Janssen, Perkins, Bailey, Valverde
2xNA: Straily, Grandal

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”