Learn more about our 2024 Fantasy Baseball Subscriptions!

The best daily/weekly player rankings/projections (hitters, starters, and relievers) for each of the next 7-10 days + next calendar week starting Friday. Kick-ass DFS lineup optimizer and projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo!.

I don’t have enough spam, give me the Razzball email newsletter!

Weekly Razzball news delivered straight to your inbox.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

See all of today’s starting lineups

# MLB Starting Lineups For Thu 4/25
BOS | CHC | CHW | CIN | CLE | COL | HOU | KC | LAD | MIL | MIN | NYY | OAK | PHI | PIT | SD | SEA | TEX | TOR | WSH | ARI | ATL | BAL | DET | LAA | MIA | NYM | SF | STL | TB

Today we reflect on a form of blurb elusive to those not steely of eyes, or dan of mind. Jorge Luis Borges once contended that every story ever written is part of the 1,001 Nights, a beautiful idea that places the timeless prose of Faulkner or Wolff on the same pedestal as the Olive Garden advertising copy, “When you’re here, you’re family.” One might not believe a fantasy baseball blurb worthy of said pedestal, but if one looks carefully, stories of passion emerge from the morass. On Wednesday evening, the following blurb appeared on Rotoworld:

Please, blog, may I have some more?

What is up party people? We mostly focus on the positive, but not everyone has gotten off to a rockin start. Take, for example, Jordan Walker.  You know him well as Razzball favorite, destined for fantasy stardom. To put it bluntly, the results have not been that of a fantasy star and obviously the Red Birds feel the same way since they just sent him down to AAA. So far the points just haven’t been there and with a .164 batting average this season it’s not difficult to see why. Unfortunately the news doesn’t get much better when you look beyond that to his 18 strikeouts and only 6 walks. Yeah, that’s not very good. At least he is showing strong exit velocity, but that’s about it. He’s got roughly a full season in the majors, give or take a handful of games, but the power we expected hasn’t really manifested yet, with only 16 for his career. While disappointing, it is also not entirely unexpected. It’s not uncommon for guys to take a beat to grow into their power and Walker is still pretty young, at only 22. That means he still has time. Time to be better, time to remind us all of that big time power. I will admit that I am concerned but I’m not ready to panic. All the tools are still there and I want (need) to believe that he will figure it out. I hope that it will be merely a short stint to get right and he will be back to terrorize major league pitching but he really did look lost out there so who knows it will take for him to earn another shot, especially after last season’s struggles. Outside of deep leagues, I just don’t think you can afford to hold onto him.

In our 41st episode, Mike Couillard and Jeremy Brewer open with discussion of the latest moves and news including significant injuries affecting Francisco Alvarez and Triston Casas. Then we overview players with some of the hottest cards right now in the market to determine whether to sell them now or possibly hold. You can find us on […]

Orioles OF Heston Kjerstad was recalled after laying waste to Triple-A for a few weeks. He started in right field on Tuesday and should be in the lineup most nights from here forward. Baltimore continues to be perplexing in their efforts to fold these talent waves into the roster build, so there’s always a chance Kjerstad goes cold and winds up back in the minors, but I’m betting against that at this point, which is exactly what I would’ve said in spring training, so yeah . . . very helpful stuff from me. 

Some shows just have iconic lines that stick with you forever. “How You Doin?” and “Pivot” from Friends. “There’s Always Money In The Banana Stand” from Arrested Development. “As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!” from the great WKRP In Cincinnati. And Of course there’s the highly fantasy relevant “Son Of A […]

What’s poppin’, Razzpimples? Remember to bookmark that Razzball Bullpen Chart, y’all! I update it obsessively. Also, if you’re a sub (you should be a sub…it’s great value), you get access to RP Projections and the super badass Relievonator Game Log tool, in addition to all the other awesome tools we have to offer. Hittertron and Streamonator, etc. Let’s do it […]