LOGIN

Day three of my mini-marathon posting, and I have to tip my cap to Grey. I have no idea how he does this six times a week. But I’m not here to talk about me, I’m here to talk about you. The Razzball RCL players who have put in the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to win your league. Speaking of Blood, Sweat, and Tears, here is one that opens with lyrics that many of us can relate to right now. Did anyone else notice the really bad fake tan on that round face with the mic? I’m sure that Costa Rican commenter we have in here saw them live at some point during his more youthful days. Wait! What am I doing? Am I writing this for baby boomers or for their children? Here is one from my boy Talib, talking about struggle trying to come up in the game. He talks about his blood, sweat, and tears too. So it kinda works in a stretch. Now that’s more like it. I’m going to try and up the coverage this week and showcase a few more leagues. As well as go over the top-10 overall, and talk about the Grey vs. Rudy vs. the other 10 guys that don’t stand a chance league.

The RCL Top 10

Why the top-10? Because Jay says so and they’re the top-10 teams out of 1,000+? And that’s pretty amazing? I’m Brian Fantana filling in for Ron Burgandy? Simply put, they’re the best of the best of the best, and I think they deserve a little bit recognition. BUT NOT TOO MUCH. Just a taste.

1 The Dynasty Flatpoint High 111.3
2 Goose Snausage Razzball 2014 109.3
3 Big League Wood Smokey’s Humidor 106.2
4 Purple Mays Haze Take On The Jay(Wrong) Cinco! 105.5
5 Militant Vegans Loogy On Your Windshield 104.9
6 Hannibal Montana Take On the Jay (Wrong) 104.7
7 Colicky Fuddruckers GREYco Inc. 104.6
8 Hard Wood on Ball I Dream of RCL 104.2
9 Weird Meat Beef SAGNOF! 104.2
10 Barroom Heroes Au Shizz 103.8

The 2014 Razzball Commenter League Master Standings (Click on it. Seriously. Do it.)

The RCL Round-Up

My first random league is HA! I like that name, sounds like the name for a comedy club (patent pending). With San Pedro Guitarristas currently holding a 2.5 point lead over Cholo Blues. This has the making for some kind of Mexican standoff if Capital Offense can win that runs battle with San Pedro and improve in SB’s and batting average. I like San Pedro’s chances to take it all. At 110 game starts he has 70 left to try and maximize K’s and Wins down the stretch as he has locked up saves with a 147 total. Damn, that’s more saves than MacGyver!

Random League Part 2 is John Olerud’s Helmet. Any mention of Olerud’s helmet takes me back to the first time I heard the story about Ricky Henderson and John Olerud when they played together on the Mets. Here is the story.  Oh how I mis charachters like Ricky. Sorry John Olerud’s Helmet, I forgot to talk about your league. The Evansville Aces is holding a slim 1.5 point advantage over Altuve is Short (Yes he is!). Kemping it Real is also in the mix with a chance for it all if he can steal some more bases, grab some wins and work on his ratios. This one is really Altuve’s to lose, with his impressive offensive stats he just needs to work on his pitching and the title could be his. Best of luck you three.

To close out my random triple play I bring you one of our writers league’s the Beddict the Saintly and Friends League. Looks like we have a two person battle with regular Razzball snarkster Kid A trying to catch the Manwich Men. It looks like both have solid clubs and Kid is going full streamer with his squad and at 338 moves is taking that strategy to the brink. If Manwich can win that head to head stolen base battle with Kid and pass a few more then that could be the difference maker here. Good luck you two.

Bonus Content Via Vin

Before I move onto gratuitous coverage of Grey’s Friends and Family League I wanted to post this great work done by last season’s keeper of the RCL’s, Mr. VinWinsHere is the link that you must click. It’s a really cool look at fantasy kick ass Clayton Kershaw and how he has been valued via the trade market. I feel bad for the player that traded Kershaw for Goldy on July 23rd. Au Shuxxxxxx!

The RCL #1

The RCL #1, which sounds like a RCL made for 2001: Space Odyssey (Grey notified me that RCL #1 isn’t related to a space shuttle, but is meant to be said like The Iron Sheik. RCL #1! RCL #1! RCL #1!), is the Friends & Family league that Grey created so we could all be his fantasy baseball punching bags. Actually, maybe not so much punching bags as mustache combs. Seems more Grey-ish to Jay. I wasn’t invited so I’m not sure if I would be Grey’s punching bag. What I do know is I can say whatever I want because I’m not in there. With that being said I say “Why you dodging me Bro?” 

Regardless, this league stars Jay, Rudy, Tehol the Elder God, Prospector Scott, Paul, the Sing(ing)man, Nick the Podcast Host, and Sky… err, the Blue? We need to find you a better title buddy. But that’s us, that’s the family. Which, I can assure you, I’m already filing paperwork to gain emancipation. The friends are Dalton Del Don from Yahoo, Brad Johnson from FanGraphs, Ryan Carey of Mastersball, and Tim McLeod of RotoRob.

The Standings:

image001 (1) week 19

– Grey and Rudy are still doing battle at the top and as I look at their teams I see a chess battle via the free agent pool for the stretch run. Grey, where are your closers? I think you and Jay should make some deal so you can get some power over there.  Your team’s core looks great bossman, you should be able to beat Rudy, he has kids and you only have an awesome dog.

– Jay’s team doesn’t look too bad, I think you have a chance to make some noise if you have the time to put into it. If you need someone to run this team because you are focused on football then e-mail your login and password.

– C’mon Sky, you can catch Tehol. If you start playing you’ll do better.

I just want to say that this is your post. You are the readers of Razzball and you get a chance to see your RCL teams and leagues. Please use this to sound-off about your own leagues. Talk about trades and home stretch strategies or what happened on TV last night, I like that too. I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and it kicked ass!