Trade Boggs?

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
lineread

Trade Boggs?

Postby lineread » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:56 pm

6x6 (OPS/Holds) 12 Team H2H

Should I trade Boggs to get Napoli? My previous catchers have been Suzuki and Ianetta, spot is currently vacated in quickly picking up Boggs. It would sort of be like magically turning Ianetta into Napoli, but I'm concerned about his lack of playing time (as always). My closers/holders are:

Boggs
Hananarahan
Storen
Kimbrel
Venters
(Mike) Adams
Rafeal Soriano

Thanks!

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: Trade Boggs?

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm

There won't be the PT issue anymore for the most part as they now have Teagarden as the backup C; Napoli will most likely be getting his starting position at DH back for the most part. Go ahead and try to deal Boggs for him but I'd be surprised it works.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

lineread

Postby lineread » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:16 am

I know that's what Doc said about Napoli a few days ago but I don't buy it. How does having more competition at one of the positions he plays mean more ABs? Anyway, I thought the everyday DH was Micheal Young...

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:38 am

He was the backup catcher. If you are playing DH and have to get moved to catcher during a game, you have to substitute the pitcher as well since the DH is the pitcher's at-bat. Now that he is no longer the C backup, he can get more time at 1B & DH. It's still not a perfect scenario with all the players they have competing for PT there (Moreland/Young/Napoli) but he's still a C that's more productive in 3~5 games than Kurt Suzuki is in 6 or 7 games.
ONC

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

lineread

Postby lineread » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks Nut Cups, you da you da best. He countered me with Kimbrel for Napoli, which I'm hesitant to do, since he's sick nasty.

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Kimbrel is great but he's still just a closer. I'd take Napoli there and keep your eyes peeled for vulture save opportunities; are all closers/potential closers tied up on teams? I'm sure others will disagree, though.
ONC

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”