Keeper trade (lost Wainwright)

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
danielpwnz

Keeper trade (lost Wainwright)

Postby danielpwnz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:27 pm

So I lost Wainwright (most likely) and I was offered this trade.

I give:
Tulowitzki

I get:
Cliff Lee
Andrew McCutchen

Seems like a yes, right?
razzball commenter: daniel p

wallywojo
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Keeper trade (lost Wainwright)

Postby wallywojo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 pm

i dont like this trade. Usually, if you are giving the one player you are diluting talent. Also, pitching can be replaced, but I dont see you replacing tulo's value from the WW. I say no to this.

10 Team Private ESPN 5x5 H2H (R RBI SB AVG OPS | W K S ERA WHIP)
C
1B Teixeira
2B
3B Sandoval
SS Tulo
CI
MI Reyes
OF Jennings

SP
RP

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Who would you have at SS if you did this and what SP are available for you? I can see this being viable because Tulo is not exactly the healthiest player around and McCutchen will likely be an early 2nd rounder next year if he has the season he ought to have. McCutchen hit 8 HR's in the last two months and I can honestly see him having a chance to eclipse 20 HR's this year to go along with far more steals than Tulo is capable of. Runs and RBI are fickle, but McCutchen will likely score more runs, while Tulo will likely drive more in. Their averages will probably be similar.

I can see the argument to keep Tulo because SS is so weak while OF and SP are deeper, but we're talking about a very high quality OF and a top tier SP for an oft-injured SS here. I'd say it comes down to who the replacements would be, but it could really go either way.
I'm biased because I'm a huge McCutchen fan, though. His current skill sets remind me of another Pirates OF when he began his career two decades ago (with slightly less player, of course), and that player was my favorite baseball player growing up.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

danielpwnz

Postby danielpwnz » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Not sure what SS I would have, but it would be pretty dire, so I think I'm going to hang on to Tulo.

I have an offer where I give Kinsler and get Liriano+Phillips, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for that. (The dude hates the Reds and wasn't going to keep Liriano anyway.)
razzball commenter: daniel p

AdmiralTrey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby AdmiralTrey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

That sounds like a much safer trade... Liriano is an injury concern, but Kinsler is almost an injury guarantee each year. Plus, Phillips will likely have nearly identical numbers to Kinsler anyway.

10 Team 6X6 H2H Dynasty Year 5
C - Wilson Ramos
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Gleyber Torres
3B - Nolan Arenado
SS - Trea Turner
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Ronald Acuna
OF - Yordan Alvarez
OF - Kris Bryant
UTL - Javier Baez
UTL - Adalberto Mondesi
Bench - Rhys Hoskins, Miguel Sano, Byron Buxton, Jonathan Schoop, Rowdy Tellez

SP - Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg, Blake Snell, Chris Sale, Jose Berrios, Chris Paddack, Mike Soroka, German Marquez
RP - Ken Giles, Dellin Betances, Taylor Rogers, Geovanny Gallegos, Colin Poche, Corey Knebel
Pedo NA Purgatory Felipse Vazquez

Prospects:
SP: Grayson Rodriguez, Josiah Gray, Seth Corry, Franklin Perez, Ryan Weathers, Blake Walston
RP: James Karinchak
OF: Luis Robert, Alek Thomas, Jesus Sanchez, Kameron Misner, Bayron Lora
IF: Vidal Brujan, Alexander Mojica, Malcolm Nunez, Greg Jones, Gunnar Henderson
C: Sam Huff, Luis Campusano, William Contreras

Results:
2019 - 4th place. Finished regular season 20 games ahead of 2nd place but fell apart in the playoffs.
2018 - 1st place. Finished regular season 24 games ahead of 2nd place and won in the playoffs.
2017 - 2nd place. Finished regular season 5 games ahead of 2nd place but lost in the playoffs.
2016 - 1st place. Finished regular season 1.5 games behind 1st but won in the playoffs

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”